Main Menu

My new baby

Started by JudgeDredd, May 22, 2012, 08:10:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

Here is my small collection (which I am slowly growing) of model aircraft

The first made was the Me-262, next was the Me-109, then the Spitfire, then the Stuka and finally the He-111. I'm working on a Mosquito at the moment

Alba gu' brath

Keunert

nice! do you use them to play anything? or is it more about glueing and decoration?
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
Oscar Wilde

Special K has too much class.
Windigo

mirth

Nice models, JD. I especially like the He-111.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

JudgeDredd

The HE-111 was the Hasagawi - good kits.

I just make and paint them. Purely leisure and stress relief :P

Bombers at 1:72 are big enough kist to be pretty sturdy - but the little fighters have some bits which aren't too sturdy...so I prefer bombers in 1:71 and fighters in 1:48. As I said, I made a Mustang in 1:48. The kit was awesome, went together nice and was sturdy - until it was stood on :(

I painted that Mustang lovely. I'll see if I can find any photos of it.
Alba gu' brath

bob48

The Ju87 tank-buster looks reet canny.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

LongBlade

Sweet job. What kinds of paints are you using? Airbrush?
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Mr. Bigglesworth

Nice bike. How come you use MB pedals rather than clipless? Even my old Shimano clipless are fairly flat soles for walking short distances after. Pack light shoes you get a good pull stroke as well as push.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

JudgeDredd

@bob48
the Stuka was a good kit and went together nicely. I enjoyed making that one

@Longblade
no airbrush - yet. I'd love to go airbrush eventually - but all the kit is quite expensive so they are all hand painted

@ Bigglesworth
I only just got a pair of cycling shoes and pedals for this bike...they are on it in the pic. They're "hybrid"...cleats one side and normal the other. The shoes I've got aren't pure road shoes - but they are hard bottom and have a piece in the middle you cut out and fit the cleats to...I didn't want to go straight to cleats because I'm not sure how I will get on with them. But the pedals and the shoes are ready to go there when I want to.
Alba gu' brath

LongBlade

Quote from: JudgeDredd on May 23, 2012, 01:23:02 AM

@Longblade
no airbrush - yet. I'd love to go airbrush eventually - but all the kit is quite expensive so they are all hand painted

You've done a nice job with them.

I found a cheap Badger starter airbrush for ~ USD 50. It uses canned air which isn't ideal but it gets you in the door and you can tack on more later. That's what I did.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

undercovergeek

is it you that has the cat JD? - must have great fun watching all those bird boxes!

loving the models - the white spiral on the ME109 nose cone - is that a sticker or did you paint it - exercise in patience and a steady hand if so

JudgeDredd

Thx LB - I heard about the air tins, but they got mixed reviews from people - most negatives seemed to be with the consistency of the spray.

Yes - I have a cat UCG and yep - she's a menace with the bird boxes. We've put a collar with a bell on her - it spoils her fun but keeps the birds safe.

I'll post a couple of pictures of the birds in the bird box. We have Blue Tits in there (2nd lot this year) and they are busy little birds - in and out ALL day! My camera doesn't seem to have the settings to capture it properly in flight - something to do with aperture size and shutter speeds...and I can't find anything on the camera (Olympus SP-610UZ) that will help with that. But I'll post a couple of good ones I've nabbed recently...it does take some nifty pictures...bear in mind though that the pictures I've taken are through the windows
Alba gu' brath

Smuckatelli

Nice bike

Nice models

How long have you had the chair from IKea? I am curious as to how the leather is holding out.

JudgeDredd

I don't know where the chair is from - we got it from the wifes brother. I reckon he had it for at least 3 years before he gave it to us and we've had it probably 4 or 5
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

Some wildlife from my garden

And this little bugger wants some of the action! She looks like butter wouldn't melt in her mouth!
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

Anyone know a good and TOTALLY free picture hosting site? In my rush to find one, I didn't realise that Flickr was only free for 200 images and then either you paid for an account or you lost your pics on a rotation basis - meaning some pictures I posted may start to disappear from forums...and I hate that!

Ta.
Alba gu' brath