Psst...Hey, Martok!

Started by BanzaiCat, January 04, 2014, 04:41:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

In eight years time, I have found no more than ten Recluse on the outside of someones house.  Scores of Black Widows outside, but less than a handful inside.  It's easy for me to be blasé about removing them from a customers house.  If it were my own, I'd have a come apart.  But crawling on people in their bed is not something they do very often.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Centurion40

Quote from: MetalDog on April 16, 2014, 07:57:23 PM
In eight years time, I have found no more than ten Recluse on the outside of someones house.  Scores of Black Widows outside, but less than a handful inside.  It's easy for me to be blasé about removing them from a customers house.  If it were my own, I'd have a come apart.  But crawling on people in their bed is not something they do very often.

I'm surprised that you southerners don't let pet geckos roam free in your homes to eat the spiders.  I'd rather have a gecko crawl on me, then a venomous spider!!
Any time is a good time for pie.

GDS_Starfury

we do.  I've got lizards by the job lots running around outside.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Centurion40

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on April 17, 2014, 08:34:14 AM

What about inside?

Ubercat

My mother lives in Sarasota, FL and has at least 1 wild gecko living in the house. It hides behind furniture, typically up on the wall, and hisses if people get too curious.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Centurion40

Quote from: Ubercat on April 17, 2014, 10:39:53 AM
My mother lives in Sarasota, FL and has at least 1 wild gecko living in the house. It hides behind furniture, typically up on the wall, and hisses if people get too curious.

I'd be happy to vacuum up gecko shit if I knew it was keeping recluses and widows at bay.

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Centurion40 on April 17, 2014, 09:25:49 AM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on April 17, 2014, 08:34:14 AM

What about inside?

I dont bother them.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Martok

Quote from: Centurion40 on April 17, 2014, 10:44:17 AM
Quote from: Ubercat on April 17, 2014, 10:39:53 AM

I'd be happy to vacuum up gecko shit if I knew it was keeping recluses and widows at bay.
+1000

I didn't know that about geckos.  May have to invest in a few dozen of them...  :P 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

MetalDog

40, I'd love to let a lizard or three live in my house.  Unfortunately, the latitude I am at doesn't allow for them year round.  Yours is even worse for them ;)

GDS_Starfury

Heres what I get to play with today.  ;D

Martok

Why?  Are you working it into the decor?  :P 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

MetalDog

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on April 21, 2014, 11:16:24 AM
Heres what I get to play with today.  ;D

That's not a Banana Spider, is it, Star?  If so, be super careful.  Also looks like a Garden Spider.  But those are black and yellow with a white underbelly.  Really similar otherwise.

GDS_Starfury

Outside job but its in a very old area with tons on old growth tropic plants.
Theyre everywhere and about the length of my thumb.

MetalDog

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on April 21, 2014, 06:57:06 PM
Outside job but its in a very old area with tons on old growth tropic plants.
Theyre everywhere and about the length of my thumb.

Size of your thumb?  I wouldn't sweat it too much then.  Just be careful.  Neither of the two I described, Banana or Garden, are that small.

GDS_Starfury

ah...  the one I took the picture of was that size.  some of the other would give Martok fits.  ;D