Jagged Alliance 3 announced

Started by Anguille, September 19, 2021, 01:50:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirAndrewD

Another tip easily missed. 

Spend the $7k and build a Merc with the personality test in the laptop.

The built Merc is "you" and doesn't require a weekly upkeep.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

devoncop

Quote from: SirAndrewD on July 14, 2023, 02:58:24 PMAnother tip easily missed. 

"Easily missed"........BY ME  :idiot2:

Thanks Sir !

I have just reached the village of Ernie at the end of the tutorial island (although to be fair there is very little hand holding or formal tutorial that I have seen). I am assuming I can add the extra free upkeep merc when I jump back into the game via the laptop app you mention .
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

SirAndrewD

Quote from: devoncop on July 14, 2023, 03:25:09 PM
Quote from: SirAndrewD on July 14, 2023, 02:58:24 PMAnother tip easily missed. 

"Easily missed"........BY ME  :idiot2:

Thanks Sir !

I have just reached the village of Ernie at the end of the tutorial island (although to be fair there is very little hand holding or formal tutorial that I have seen). I am assuming I can add the extra free upkeep merc when I jump back into the game via the laptop app you mention .

Yeah, you can add or subtract Mercs at will or wait for a contract to run out. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Grim.Reaper

Liking this so far.  Only issue I have seen and is probably something related to me is edge scrolling to the right doesn't seem to always work, not sure why.  Have to use the arrow key to pan in that direction, all other directions seem fine.  Game does require my fan to run constantly, but nothing too crazy yet.  Really like the uniqueness of the characters although some of their sayings are repeated often.  Haven't figured out how to master all the actions and the  overall system, but that will come with practice.

devoncop

Agree with your verdict Mr Reaper !

Did you reduce the FPS to 60 from the default 240 ? That will help the fan no end I would think.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: devoncop on July 15, 2023, 05:13:29 AMAgree with your verdict Mr Reaper !

Did you reduce the FPS to 60 from the default 240 ? That will help the fan no end I would think.

Yep, as soon as I installed the game I went through all options and noticed FPS cap was set very high, much more than my system could handle so I immediately reduced it to 60.  I haven't played with all the other graphic options yet but right now not overly worried as my machine isn't getting too hot, just the noise of the fan which isn't uncommon with games nowadays.  More of my issue is figuring out this right edge scrolling issue as I have never seen then in any other games I own so not sure what is different:(  Annoying to use the mouse on all other directions but have to use arrow key to pan right.  Strange.

Grim.Reaper

Just found a post where others having my issue scrolling, appears to happen when you have multiple monitors.  Other games work fine so hoping future update fixes this.

devoncop

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on July 15, 2023, 05:24:24 AMJust found a post where others having my issue scrolling, appears to happen when you have multiple monitors.  Other games work fine so hoping future update fixes this.

Ahhh multiple monitors.

I am reassured the problem is only affecting the rich  :tophat:

:-)

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: devoncop on July 15, 2023, 06:00:34 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on July 15, 2023, 05:24:24 AMJust found a post where others having my issue scrolling, appears to happen when you have multiple monitors.  Other games work fine so hoping future update fixes this.

Ahhh multiple monitors.

I am reassured the problem is only affecting the rich  :tophat:

:-)

I guess I must be rich then for having a $80 second monitor:)

Turning down some of the graphic settings helped me reduce the amount of fan usage, luckily no crashes yet.  I much prefer these style games with "human" characters versus aliens so think this one is going to stick with me for awhile.  I wasn't a big player of past versions so still trying to figure things out.  How long should I offer contracts?  How many mercs should I have? During a fight, how to best leverage coverage and such to minimize death, already lost one of my people.  Haven't fully figured out how to utilize stealth as it always seems the enemy discovers me.

Pete Dero

Demo available on Steam :

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1084160/Jagged_Alliance_3/

This demo will allow players to explore Ernie Island, the starting region of the game.

ArizonaTank

Have put about 10 hours into it and liking it.

But the first 3 or 4 hours were rocky...I could list a half dozen things that I have issues with, but overall, the game slowly won me over.

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.