Crusader Kings III - Coming 2020

Started by Grim.Reaper, October 19, 2019, 08:06:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

t4rget

Quote from: Sir Slash on September 02, 2020, 09:48:17 PM
Thanks guys. It looks complicated. True or no?

I don't know if you bought it since but ...

Is the game complicated? yes but very accessible. Just place the cursor on blue words. The game is easy to play, hard to master due to the high number of factors.
Do you need to be an expert in medieval stuff? No, units are simple to understand.

It is a game you'll discover and master on the long run.

MOS:96B2P

CK 3 is on sale at Steam for 20% off.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: MOS:96B2P on November 24, 2020, 04:58:26 PM
CK 3 is on sale at Steam for 20% off.

Might want to check greenmangaming too, for me it is 33% off.....I already own it but maybe useful for someone else.

Gusington

Dammit I can't handle all the incoming sales!!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

WallysWorld

33% off at Green Man Gaming:  Crusader Kings III
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

fran

Thanks guys. It looks complicated. True or no?

This is a game that keeps giving... agree with the statement of easy to play, and hard to master.

If you are starting out select an Easy starting point nation. The tooltips are superb, allowing you to drill down into any topic. Start out with your own small goals,

It is often the unintentional outcomes that provide the most enjoyment (and frustration). Not everything will go to plan (succession will create chaos), especially when you start out and is still busy learning the game. And if you are interested in a specific topic there are Youtube videos that will explain it.

If everything goes to plan Paradox will be supporting the game for a number of years, and it will mature. CK2 had an 8-year run, unheard of with most games.

Pete Dero

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Gusington on November 24, 2020, 06:50:27 PM
Dammit I can't handle all the incoming sales!!

And Empire of Sin being released in about 6 days:)

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Johnnie

Can't get any of my Paradox games to run right now.  When I try to start one I need to first install the Paradox Launcher.  But I can't because when I try I get: "another installation is taking place and must finish," etc.  But no other installation is running.  I can't seem to find any help at Steam.  Anyone know a fix?  Thanks.

Pete Dero

Quote from: Johnnie on November 25, 2020, 10:32:43 PM
Can't get any of my Paradox games to run right now.  When I try to start one I need to first install the Paradox Launcher.  But I can't because when I try I get: "another installation is taking place and must finish," etc.  But no other installation is running.  I can't seem to find any help at Steam.  Anyone know a fix?  Thanks.

If the game is the Steam version you can try 'verify file integrity'.

Launch Steam.
    From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
    Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game files... button.
    Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.

Johnnie

Thanks Pete. But no joy. Can't load either my EU IV & HOI IV as well.  Both of which used to work fine.  I guess it is a new "launcher" that is causing the problem.

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

fran

New expansion announced: The royal court

Get ready for our next Expansion, Crusader Kings III: Royal Court!

How will you rule when your subjects come to you with their complaints?
Building the grandest court in the world may please your vassals and attract interesting people, but it also gives your complaining courtiers a place to find you. Make decisions that will smooth the troubled waters in your kingdom, while impressing visitors with your collection of masterpieces and relics.

The Royal Court expansion to Crusader Kings III adds new ways to interact with the characters in your kingdom or empire, as well as major changes to the cultural system of the game, adding greater dynamism and historical fluidity.

Features of Crusader Kings III: Royal Court include:
Throne Room: A visual representation of your royal court will reflect all the accumulated majesty and prestige of your dynasty.
Hold Court: Interact with vassals and courtiers as they come to you with their problems, seeking a royal judgment.
Grandeur: Increase the quality of life at your court with fancier trappings and better food, all the better to impress your rivals and attract higher quality guests.
Inspired People: Talented artists, craftspeople and thinkers can work on new projects, adding treasures and artifacts to your court.
Hybrid Cultures: Make the most of a multicultural realm, developing a new way of life that is specifically adapted to your population and geography.
Cultural Divergence: Split from your traditional culture, adapting it into something new that better fits your aspirations.

Tripoli

And once again, Paradox has tunneled their way into my Paypal account..... ;D
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln