I am Jesus (simulation)

Started by Emir Agic, December 08, 2019, 03:42:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destraex

Quote from: MikeGER on December 09, 2019, 03:45:25 AM
Quote from: Sir Slash on December 08, 2019, 11:27:54 PM
Not to ruin the mood but can you imagine the reaction to a, 'I Am Muhammad' sim?  :hide:  Seems a little insensitive to me.

+1

i guess the Muhammad Sim would sell much better so, these dark days ::)
swordplay, raids on camel trains, warlord activities, romance with female boss a Milf widow to gain money and social security, drug abuse in a cave hippy-style, clan factions diplomacy, wars and betrayals, summed up 10 wifes  ...and very provocative pedo-activities in the late game, if developer dare to hint at that historic fact   

almost like game of thrones without dragons and magic, vampires or werwolfs

I thought the wife age thing was normal even in the west at the time, if that's what you mean?
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Sir Slash

Not to offend anyone anywhere but one of Muhammad's wives was 9 when he married her. Not betroved, but actual marriage as I've read it. A little too young even for ( fill in the blank for your favorite in-bred places).  :hug:  Or even Europe at the time. Some of the humor like on Family Guy for one, of Jesus is funny if done tastefully and not meant to offend or be, 'edgy'. My 2 cents.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

RyanE

Good to see that grogheads is still as culturally sensitive as ever.  Sheesh.

Tripoli

Quote from: Destraex on December 09, 2019, 04:46:05 AM
Quote from: MikeGER on December 09, 2019, 03:45:25 AM
Not to ruin the mood but can you imagine the reaction to a, 'I Am Muhammad' sim?  :hide:  Seems a little insensitive to me.

+1

i guess the Muhammad Sim would sell much better so, these dark days ::)
swordplay, raids on camel trains, warlord activities, romance with female boss a Milf widow to gain money and social security, drug abuse in a cave hippy-style, clan factions diplomacy, wars and betrayals, summed up 10 wifes  ...and very provocative pedo-activities in the late game, if developer dare to hint at that historic fact   

almost like game of thrones without dragons and magic, vampires or werwolfs

I thought the wife age thing was normal even in the west at the time, if that's what you mean?

In late Medieval Europe, the Church didn't recognize marriage before the age of 12. (http://www.themiddleages.net/life/marriage.html  ).  Most women were married at around 14-16 (cf. https://womenofhistory.blogspot.com/2007/08/medieval-marriage-childbirth.html).  Mohammad married Aisha when she was 7 and consummated the marriage when she was nine. (Bukhari, vol. 5, book 63, no. 3896; cf. Bukhari, vol. 7, book 67, no. 5158.  (quoting Aisha "The Messenger of God married me when I was seven; my marriage was consummated when I was nine.").
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Emir Agic

In late Medieval Europe, the Church didn't recognize marriage before the age of 12. (http://www.themiddleages.net/life/marriage.html  ).  Most women were married at around 14-16 (cf. https://womenofhistory.blogspot.com/2007/08/medieval-marriage-childbirth.html).  Mohammad married Aisha when she was 7 and consummated the marriage when she was nine. (Bukhari, vol. 5, book 63, no. 3896; cf. Bukhari, vol. 7, book 67, no. 5158.  (quoting Aisha "The Messenger of God married me when I was seven; my marriage was consummated when I was nine.").

"Because of this, it is impossible to know with any certainty how old Aisha was. What we do know is what the Qur'an says about marriage: that it is valid only between consenting adults, and that a woman has the right to choose her own spouse. As the living embodiment of Islam, Muhammad's actions reflect the Qur'an's teachings on marriage, even if the actions of some Muslim regimes and individuals do not."

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/belief/2012/sep/17/muhammad-aisha-truth

DoctorQuest

Quote from: RyanE on December 09, 2019, 10:26:12 AM
Good to see that grogheads is still as culturally sensitive as ever.  Sheesh.

And to take a topic and push it ever so close to the RPFW precipice.  :DD
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Gusington

Honestly I see nothing here yet that would push this into the R&P miasma.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Looping back to the topic from reading the linked article, I wait with amusement the criticism of these games as charged with x-ophobia. But I'm not holding my breath.

(...heh, Xphobia! Because the X is an abbreviation for Christ.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

al_infierno

Christianophobia?

Wait, no, that don't real because it's still okay to rag on Christians!
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

DoctorQuest

Quote from: Gusington on December 09, 2019, 02:00:20 PM
Honestly I see nothing here yet that would push this into the R&P miasma.

I trust your judgement.  :notworthy:
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Tpek

Am I the only one familiar with those old MDickie(or whatever) games that were about Jesus and Muhammad, The You Testament series?

SirAndrewD

Not to ruin the mood but can you imagine the reaction to a, 'I Am Muhammad' sim?

Quote from: Tpek on December 09, 2019, 03:37:05 PM
Am I the only one familiar with those old MDickie(or whatever) games that were about Jesus and Muhammad, The You Testament series?

Here you go....

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Tripoli

Quote from: Emir Agic on December 09, 2019, 12:55:12 PM

"Because of this, it is impossible to know with any certainty how old Aisha was. What we do know is what the Qur'an says about marriage: that it is valid only between consenting adults, and that a woman has the right to choose her own spouse. As the living embodiment of Islam, Muhammad's actions reflect the Qur'an's teachings on marriage, even if the actions of some Muslim regimes and individuals do not."

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/belief/2012/sep/17/muhammad-aisha-truth

The Guardian statement you cite is a bit misleading when it says that marriage is between adults under Islamic law.
While that is technically true, the issue is what constitutes an adult under Islamic law?  There are four major Islamic Sunni legal schools:  Hanafi, Maliki, Shafii, Hanbali.  Additionally, there is the Jafari school that is used by twelver Shia.   Islamic law requires adulthood for marriage, and defines adulthood for females as being conclusively proven by the onset of menses.  Therefore, all of the schools allow for relatively young children to be married.  Shafii and Hanbali schools believe adulthood is further established by reaching the age of 15.  The Maliki and Hanafi believe it is conclusively established at age 17 for a female.  However, these are upper limits.  The onset of menses, at whatever the age, is the lower limitSee "Encyclopedia of Islamic Law, A compendium of the Major Schools"   (Adapted by Laleh Bakhtiar) Chicago: ABC International Group 1996, para 10.3.1.   See also Ahmad al-Misri, "The Reliance of the Traveler," Evanston: Sunna Books, 1991 at m8.2 "A guardian may not marry his prepubescent daughter to someone...."  Thus, the issue for determining a valid capacity for marriage isn't age: it is the onset of puberty. 

The Jafari school recognizes marriage at the age of nine for females, based on the example of Mohammad.   See "Encylcopedia of Islamic Law, A compendium of the Major Schools"   (Adapted by Laleh Bakhtiar) Chicago: ABC International Group 1996, para 10.3.1.  These schools teachings are all based on the deeds of Mohammad, who, (according to mainstream Islamic thinking) was the perfect example to follow.  His marriage to a very young Aisha is well established in multiple hadiths, including the following:

• Sahih al-Bukhari 3894, 3896, 5158

Sahih Muslim 3310, 3311

Sunan Abu Dawud 2116

Therefore, as Mohammad set the the perfect example, it is not surprising that Islamic law allows marriage to young girls-the only requirement being that they have achieved menses, or an age between 9-18 (depending on the Islamic legal school).
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Tripoli on December 09, 2019, 03:43:21 PM
The Guardian statement you cite is a bit misleading

Heh, that's the Guardian for you. :D

Emir Agic

Therefore, as Mohammad set the the perfect example, it is not surprising that Islamic law allows marraige to young girls-the only requirement being that they have achieved menses, or an age between 9-18 (depending on the Islamic legal school).

Ok. Thank you for detailed explanation. Obviously, minimum age as requirement is not set in stone by islamic tradition but something which is up to every society to decide. Today, in almost all islamic countries minimum age requirement for marriage is way above 9.