I am Jesus (simulation)

Started by Emir Agic, December 08, 2019, 03:42:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

Glad to hear that, as it should be.  :clap:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Tripoli on December 08, 2019, 10:12:46 PM
I'm having trouble understanding what the purpose of the game is. ....

+1

For the faithful this "simulator" does take something very serious and turns it into something like a game; not in a good way. If I hit the wrong key combos does Jesus sink into the sea? Does not rise until the fifth day?

Plus, depictions of Jesus are always second or third person. I can't see someone who is religious wanting to "be" Jesus. Maybe they would enjoy a game with Jesus as a non player.... a Ben Hur simulator perhaps? Or maybe a game where Jesus is part of a larger idea...didn't AH once publish a game about St. Paul traveling around evangelizing?  That would be of interest possibly.

Real religion rarely makes for a good "game".  Although I must admit wanting to play a good Dante's Inferno RPG...actually, I think that has already been done on the PC.

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

al_infierno

Quote from: ArizonaTank on December 09, 2019, 05:07:15 PM

Real religion rarely makes for a good "game".

Drat.  There go my plans for a hex-based WEGO turning-the-other-cheek-and-forgiving-your-opponent's-transgressions wargame.   :-\

I had all my OOBs done up and everything!
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Gusington

I would buy that. For less than 39.99.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Father Ted

Espousing a religion is essentially attempting to exploit a person's ignorance about the nature of the world in order to manipulate them for your own gain.  And it is the great shame of modern society that people who push religion in that way cannot be contradicted.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Father Ted on December 09, 2019, 06:18:49 PM
Espousing a religion is essentially attempting to exploit a person's ignorance about the nature of the world in order to manipulate them for your own gain.  And it is the great shame of modern society that people who push religion in that way cannot be contradicted.

That would be an ecumenical matter!
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Tripoli

Espousing a religion is essentially attempting to exploit a person's ignorance about the nature of the world in order to manipulate them for your own gain.....

Your statement assumes the religion in question isn't True.  However, that is probably an issue best left for the "Religion, Politics, and Flame Wars" board. :)
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Sir Slash

Could be worse. There could be an, 'I Am Epstein' game.  :hide:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Ubercat

Quote from: al_infierno on December 09, 2019, 02:42:10 PM
Christianophobia?

Wait, no, that don't real because it's still okay to rag on Christians!

+1.

And I say that as an atheist who was all about ragging on Christianity 14 years ago. They're easy targets, though, as the vast majority won't blow you up for the slightest criticism. If the left were honest about their motives, they'd rag on Islam just as much as Christianity.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Moreb

Touchy subject no doubt. I'll just add that I want to play as God of the Old Testament so I could smite some people.

'I love the smell of smiting in the morning. Satan don't surf.'   -some hardass
When dongles fly? - mirth

DoctorQuest

Any religion is a dangerous tool in the wrong hands.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

The_Admiral

Gotta say though, the current exchanges with the community are sort of gold if not scary already - and the dev is actually answering. Go have a look if you're into controversy, you bunch of sinners.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/1198970/discussions/

I have the belief that considering PlayWay is a very well established Polish editor, there was no intent to actually offend people, as controversial as it might seem. But in all honesty, between you and me, if Jesus is/was anything like what has been described to us mere mortals over the centuries, I will venture the guess he has forgiven us already - and the game devs with us.

Father Ted

Quote from: SirAndrewD on December 09, 2019, 06:35:25 PM

That would be an ecumenical matter!
I stepped out of character a bit there - as you say, probably more of a Dougal/Jack sentiment.

Father Ted

Quote from: Tripoli on December 09, 2019, 06:51:27 PM
Espousing a religion is essentially attempting to exploit a person's ignorance about the nature of the world in order to manipulate them for your own gain.....

Your statement assumes the religion in question isn't True.  However, that is probably an issue best left for the "Religion, Politics, and Flame Wars" board. :)

No religions are "true" or,  indeed, anything other than human constructs to erroneously explain the world and/or subjugate other humans.

Tripoli

Quote from: Father Ted on December 12, 2019, 05:26:36 PM
Quote from: Tripoli on December 09, 2019, 06:51:27 PM

No religions are "true" or,  indeed, anything other than human constructs to erroneously explain the world and/or subjugate other humans.

I'd be interested to hear your evidence to support this proposition over in the "Religion, Politics, and Flame Wars" board.   :)
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln