I'm sick and I need help

Started by Jarhead0331, November 13, 2020, 06:21:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yskonyn

Its the reason I always build in a bigger tower: easier to work in and more space for air to get proper cooling. I am alergic to noisy computers. Ever since I bought my Fractal Designs D4 case my PC builds have been super quiet. It's big and bulky, but I only drag it to another place twice a year or so.
With a small form factor you will need to accept more noise, accept lower performance or go into 'designer budget' pricing to alleviate one or both of these.
Its easy to see where prices like 6500 bucks come from in this 'case' . (Grin)

I also like showing off the internals with a glass plate and so a bigger tower is easier to nicely tidy up inside. The only frustration I have at the moment is that the Asus (my brand of choice for main hardware) lightcontroller software takes up a constant 3% cpu.
So I've deleted it and only run NZXT's RGB for now.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

steve58

I think I've found the perfect tower for Gus.

Damn thing is huge!
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Gusington

Literally twice my height.

One week to go to Black Friday! My younger daughter is almost as excited as me to inherit my current rig.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: steve58 on November 18, 2020, 09:58:47 AM
I think I've found the perfect tower for Gus.

Damn thing is huge!

It could double as a small house for Gus and his little family. Brilliant.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Sir Slash

I would add some legs at the bottom for support. If it fell-over on you, you could be crushed.  :wow:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

There's barely anything left of me, body or soul, as it is.

BTW my family is not as wee as I. My younger daughter (12) is on her way to being the tallest in the family at 5'8" or something.

Her older sister, at 5'3", is pissed.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Right there with you Gus. I never cleared 5'7" myself, but at least I grew to be taller than my older brother, which killed him.  I used to love dancing with tall women.  ::)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Sir Slash on November 18, 2020, 10:16:40 AM
I would add some legs at the bottom for support. If it fell-over on you, you could be crushed.  :wow:

I was thinking more like flying arches or other Gothic supports!

Quote from: Yskonyn on November 18, 2020, 01:31:11 AM
I am alergic to noisy computers. Ever since I bought my Fractal Designs D4 case my PC builds have been super quiet.

The extra size does help in a number of ways, not only allowing more room for quieter cooling factors (like liquid setups), but also burying various fans farther away from being heard.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

Are you my older brother, Slash?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Lotti Fuehrscheim

I am from that race of giants dwelling on the North Sea coast, at 6'6". I guess that's what 5000 years symbiosis with cows is doing to you.

Sir Slash

Could be Gus. Does your Mother have any pics of pugs around?  ^-^

Gusington

She...doesn't. Well I guess that settles it then.

Lotti are you...Dutch? I've only met a few Dutch people in person but they have all been ~6'4" or taller.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Yskonyn

"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Gusington

^I understand your plight. Being 6'4" in Holland is like being 5'6" here in America.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Lotti Fuehrscheim

Quote from: Gusington on November 18, 2020, 03:35:18 PM
Lotti are you...Dutch? I've only met a few Dutch people in person but they have all been ~6'4" or taller.

My pre-Napoleonic forefathers lived at the Ems estuary, and were all called Egbert.

That area has been part of the sovereignties of the Chauks, Anglian Frisians, Old Ambt under the Emperor, Stad en Lande, and currently the Netherlands.

I feel more European than Dutch, though not for love of EU policies, but because my media influx is strongly German, French and Belgian, and those countries are an integral part of the history of my world. I travel there, know people, and I feel we ought to be good friends, politically. I cannot vote for Berlin politics, but they influence my world more than The Hague.