Dom 3 slow game (2 day turnaround)[closed]

Started by Yskonyn, March 04, 2013, 01:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

undercovergeek

Huw the Poo

Well I won't say any more, but it will become painfully apparent.  I'm going to be a lesser opponent than the AI. :(

Phobos

Yeah, I suck at poker...I mean, I don't even understand the rules.

What's that?  You want to play for money?  Well...okay.

Yskonyn

Quick note for both games: I have postponed hosting for an additional 32 hrs. I have been asked to do an extra flight which would normally not fit in my roster. As a reward for helping out I get 3 additional days off to be spent later. ;)
So bon voyage again! Sorry!
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

undercovergeek

Quote from: Yskonyn on March 25, 2013, 07:07:40 AM
Quick note for both games: I have postponed hosting for an additional 32 hrs. I have been asked to do an extra flight which would normally not fit in my roster. As a reward for helping out I get 3 additional days off to be spent later. ;)
So bon voyage again! Sorry!

safe flight Ysk - ill chew my fingers to the bone waiting, but hey you just fly your planes around, thats fine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :P

Ubercat

Are you a pilot, Yskonym? My best friend is a captain for Kalitta.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

gameleaper

Quote from: Ubercat on March 25, 2013, 08:52:53 AM
Are you a pilot, Yskonym? My best friend is a captain for Kalitta.

does Ms flight sim count as being a pilot, I have the yoke aswell :)

byrdman57

Wait a minute... can't you just put the plane on autopilot and bust out your laptop?  :o

undercovergeek

mans a genius, thats good dedication to dom 3 that is

Corwin123

Yskonyn

Ok, back again. Safely landed. It was a long one though... :( To make matters worse, my wife works today so I had to get up for our son (4 months old!). I got home at 0300 and he wanted fooooood at 0700. I need some zzzzleep.
Oh yeah, the joys of being a modern dad and pilot. :D

Anyway, I'll be sending my turns once my head straightens out. No worries, I've got it under control! But it would have been nice to have an autopilot in Dom3. ;)

BTW Uber, I see Kalitta at Amsterdam Airport, Schiphol all the time. Do they only have 747's?
For those interested; I am flying now for about 8 years. Started my career on a Fokker 50 turboprop and am now flying the 737-700 and 800 in a very cool operation as we fly to holiday locations and therefore come to insanely cool fields to operate on;

La Palma

Samos, Greece

Skiathos, Greece (1650m rwy for a loaded 737!)

Inssbruck, Austria

just to name a few interesting ones.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

undercovergeek

cool job ysk - actually you maybe able to answer a question for me - is there a natural career progression through the size of the planes all the way up to the A380 or is it just a case you fly what your compnay has?

anyway - cool to see you back, cant wait for turns!

Yskonyn

With Flag carriers (national airlines) there might be. KLM is our dutch flag carrier and I know that people do progress. You start as 2nd Officer on a 747 for example, then promote to 1st Officer on a smaller type (usually regional commuter) then either become 1st Officer back on the 747 or go for captain on the commuter.
It's also common to be captain on a commuter and then go back to being a 1st Officer on a big jet like a 777 or 747 before becoming captain again on that type.
In our company it's much different, because we only fly one type. So I sit in the right hand seat for quite a while before becoming captain on the same type.

undercovergeek

hah thats great - i always thought the capt/pilot sat on the right, but then thats the way we drive in the UK - or does british airways have the capt on the right and all you euro types have it the wrong way round?

Ubercat

I'm not sure on the 747's. He used to fly Falcon 20's, but that may have been for his last employer. His first real flying job in the late 90's, after being a flight instructor anyway, was for a now defunct company flying DC-3's. The planes had actually taken part in D-Day!
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell