Dom 3 slow game (2 day turnaround)[closed]

Started by Yskonyn, March 04, 2013, 01:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yskonyn

How do you check which global spell has been cast? :S
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Yskonyn on April 04, 2013, 12:05:08 PM

The turn message doesn't say, but you can always check which global enchantments are active via the magic menu.

undercovergeek

Quote from: Huw the Poo on April 04, 2013, 12:52:32 PM
Quote from: Yskonyn on April 04, 2013, 12:05:08 PM

The turn message doesn't say, but you can always check which global enchantments are active via the magic menu.

what huw said - lab, global enhancements, sneaky bastard pangaeans

Nefaro

Yskonyn

Ok guys, I need to delay once more tomorrow.
I am not sure what is up with all the stopovers work is giving me lately. Not a normal situation, but one I need to deal with.
It's as if the Devil is playing; just as we became parrents 4 months ago and I like to come home often, I am getting an insane amount of stopovers.
Well, enough about my ranting. ;)

I am gone from tomorrow afternoon till monday afternoon.
So depending on wether a turn comes in this night I can still push one more out the door.
Sorry to keep you all waiting again...
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

undercovergeek

Think were waiting on pangaea for the big one

That's why we planned a MA game without you!   :P

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Huw the Poo

No worries Ysk, it can't be helped.  Have a safe flight!

Huw the Poo

Since this is a learning game for at least half of us, I hope nobody minds if I ask the following question.

I'm LA Ermor.  I'm pootling about in my own patch of land, when suddenly I find myself in posession of a couple of commanders and a handful of units far away from me.  They just sprang up in an enemy province and walloped the provincial defense.  I now own this province, miles away from the rest of my empire.  My question is this:

WTF just happened?!

Phobos

If it was not a result of orders you have your armies, then it was probably a random event of some kind.

I have seen random events where an independant army will attack a province (such as a barbarian horde).  Maybe it is similar to that.

Huw the Poo

Well, whatever it was, it definitely wasn't my doing.  I didn't get a message about it either (besides the battle report).

JasonPratt

Random event, possibly connected to you being LA Ermor, but every "pretender god" probably has "cultists".
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Nefaro

Quote from: JasonPratt on April 05, 2013, 07:11:31 PM
Random event, possibly connected to you being LA Ermor, but every "pretender god" probably has "cultists".

Indeed.  But I've not seen them spawn in a non-controlled region.  That doesn't mean much as I'm fairly new at this.

Huw the Poo

I've run through a few small games vs AI as LA Ermor and not seen it before.  I think I'll ask on the IRC channel; the experts there will know what it is.

Huw the Poo

They did know.  It's a random event that only comes into play when LA Ermor are in the game.  It's a bad event that happens to other nations, so it's nothing to do with me except for the fact that I benefit from it, heh.  If it happens to you, you will get a message - probably mentioning cultists.