Dom 3 slow game (2 day turnaround)[closed]

Started by Yskonyn, March 04, 2013, 01:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

parone

Jomon is not in any position to give away provinces that we, the peace loving lizards of C'tis, currently occupy.  Jomon's terrorist dragon armies are burning and pillaging within C'tisan borders, much to our chagrin.  However, that does not mean that the Samurai's can negotiate away our territory.

We have watched Bogarus' destruction of peacefull Arcosephale, and it is likely we will suffer the same fate.  That said, C'tis will not back down at this point.

Still, we will make gifts to Bogarus, despite her predjudiced, anti-lizard fork tongue'd comment. 

JasonPratt

Quote from: Huw the Poo on June 29, 2013, 03:23:38 AM
How come everyone wants to be my friend in Groghammer but everyone hates me in this game? :'(

Middle Age Ermor isn't nearly so toxic.

Quote from: Huw the Poo on June 29, 2013, 03:23:38 AM
QuoteBut seriously, everyone hates you because your mere presence is horribly toxic!

...and in the game? :D

8) Well played.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Quote from: parone on June 29, 2013, 01:52:09 PM
Jomon is not in any position entirely within her rights to give away provinces that we, the peace loving lizards of C'tis, currently occupy invaded and took from Jomon after cancelling our alliance with them.

Fixed that for you. :)

Quote from: parone on June 29, 2013, 01:52:09 PMJomon's terrorist dragon armies squad are burning and pillaging within C'tisan borders hinterlands, much to our chagrin.

That, however, is pretty close to true. I'm having even more fun right now than earlier when I actually owned that mess of nearly worthless territories you invaded!

(Not that I resent the invasion ooc; it's part of the game after all.)

On the other hand, I haven't checked my most recent turn, so you might have gotten rid of me finally.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

parone

stepping out of my lizard suit for a minute-

hats off to you, jason, for raiding and fighting it out till the end.  it would have been easy to throw your hands up and capitulate.  others have in this game, when they still had a role to play, and resources to do it with.  you actually have no idea how much of a massive strategic pain in the ass you are.  i have wasted many turns on good units trying to set up an ambush, to no avail.  this allows other enemies of mine quite a bit of leeway, as my best units are vainly trying to engage you.

you have also disovered one of dominions little guilty pleasers.  you beat me?  congratulations.  now i'm going to haunt torture you to the best of my ability! :P

JasonPratt

Well, it's easier not to capitulate when I have a Ghidora squad to ravage with.  ;D

I might be bribed to go haunt-torture someone else. But probably not.  :P Besides, I do have goals beyond petty revenge.

(Not that petty revenge isn't fun in itself.  8) )

Your invasion of Jomon was handled very well. I had been busy building up infrastructure rather than busy building up defensive (much less offensive) armies, so now you get all my infrastructure without having to have dealt with many armies.

True, Bogarus is alerted now (and was already on a war footing), but with all my territories in hand you'll have a significant advantage, especially since he has only a few ways to cross the fjord effectively. Whereas many of your troops are amphibious (or could be boosted that way).

Eventually you'll find a way to smoke the Ghidora squad. Unless I win first. :D

parone

that was the key.  your empire had fortresses, territory, and gem sights, but little to defend it.  also, i was under the impression that you and bogarus had concluded an alliance for joint victory.  those two factors meant low risk, high reward now, and an opportunity to bust up a long term alliance.

part of me is glad your dragons escapted to wreak havoc.  the other part of me is a little frustrated due to a lack of a solution... :-[

JasonPratt

Quote from: parone on June 29, 2013, 08:08:21 PMpart of me is glad your dragons escapted to wreak havoc.  the other part of me is a little frustrated due to a lack of a solution... :-[

OOC, I actually feel kind of bad about harassing you like this.  :-\

IC, we're willing to accept your surrender and capitulation.  :D

parone

of course you shouldn't feel bad.  i genocided you!!! to respond by burning my empire to cinders with three ahem, four dragons(your welcome for the lab)is perfectly reasonable.

that said, there are by my count 16 possible provinces you could land in this turn, not to mention splitting your goons up.

i don't think i'll be catching you any time soon

JasonPratt

It's like herding cats who can teleport!--if the cats were all made of King Ghidoras!  :D

So, does anyone else feel like invading my lands and genociding my people? Because C'tis can give references.  8)

(If it helps you feel a bit better, I was going to pre-emptively invade you anyway, before it was too late to stop your steamroller. Except it was already too late to stop your steamroller. :P If only I hadn't gotten distracted on other goals and had gotten my purgatory up and running first... but I'll settle for Team Ghidora.)

(Also, I'll reiterate publicly, for the sake of the other players, what I promised in private earlier: I do have actual goals, and if I ever get to the point where I think I can't meet them, I'll have the decency to flap away and call the game lost. I won't just terrorize you until you rage-quit and then declare I've won. Even though that would be a practical strategy. ;) )

JasonPratt

On a more strategic hindsight note: alliances were always going to be rather necessary for Jomon in this game, because I had the bad luck to be plopped in the middle of a bunch of deserts and wastes with a high-maintenance nation. High-quality, sure -- by my calculations Jomon is crazy cost-effective -- but they don't survive well in wastes and cost a lot of gold that my lands couldn't provide much of. The only good news was that I did have lots of mountains around, so I could build forts to suck lots of nice juicy resources with.

parone

well, you sure did amass ALOT of fire gems out of that empire.  i can't figure how you got so many!!!

Nefaro

Quote from: JasonPratt on June 30, 2013, 09:06:27 PM
On a more strategic hindsight note: alliances were always going to be rather necessary for Jomon in this game, because I had the bad luck to be plopped in the middle of a bunch of deserts and wastes with a high-maintenance nation. High-quality, sure -- by my calculations Jomon is crazy cost-effective -- but they don't survive well in wastes and cost a lot of gold that my lands couldn't provide much of. The only good news was that I did have lots of mountains around, so I could build forts to suck lots of nice juicy resources with.

I can understand that.  Due to the mix of using a risky Pretender build, and some other situational things, I've hurt crippled myself regarding income in this game, too much.

byrdman57

Can I get a 12 hour extension on the turn timer? I wasn't able to drag myself out of bed early enough to get a turn in before work this morning, and I won't be home before the timer expires.

Huw the Poo

^^ He's scared to face Ermor.

As should you all be!!!

JasonPratt

Quote from: parone on July 01, 2013, 05:52:16 AM
well, you sure did amass ALOT of fire gems out of that empire.  i can't figure how you got so many!!!

I amassed a lot of gems period; then suddenly it became obvious I wasn't going to ever be able to use most of them. Some alchemy later, I haven't got nearly as many gems, but a lot more fire gems. :)

I'll no doubt run out some day, if I haven't already. (Don't want you to get complacent by alerting you when that happens, of course.)