Dom 3 slow game (2 day turnaround)[closed]

Started by Yskonyn, March 04, 2013, 01:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Quote from: byrdman57 on July 01, 2013, 11:15:31 AM
Can I get a 12 hour extension on the turn timer? I wasn't able to drag myself out of bed early enough to get a turn in before work this morning, and I won't be home before the timer expires.

Gave you a 24 hour temporary extension, just to be safe. It'll automatically reset to the regular time when you send your turn in.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Quote from: Nefaro on July 01, 2013, 06:20:10 AM
I can understand that.  Due to the mix of using a risky Pretender build, and some other situational things, I've hurt crippled myself regarding income in this game, too much.

Fortunately, while limited my pretender's build was about the reverse of risky.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

parone

yep.  without that pretender, you might be past tense, pratt.  now, you are very much in the present

Yskonyn

Thanks Jason!

So, when is the combined might of you all coming for Caelum, I wonder? :D
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Nefaro

Quote from: Yskonyn on July 02, 2013, 02:10:14 AM
Thanks Jason!

So, when is the combined might of you all coming for Caelum, I wonder? :D

Shhh!

Be small, like mouse!  Nobody notice you!

JasonPratt

And then suddenly you can wish us all dead!  :D

parone

C'tis is failing under the combined assault of Jomon's dragon assault, and Bogarus' magical offensive.  Bogarus has achieved a research lead that will, in all likelihood, make her unbeatable.

of course, a worldwide effort might slow Bogarus, but perhaps that is too much to expect.  The Bolshevic magical steamroller has likely gained too much momentum

Nefaro

Quote from: parone on July 02, 2013, 06:18:44 PM

of course, a worldwide effort might slow Bogarus, but perhaps that is too much to expect.  The Bolshevic magical steamroller has likely gained too much momentum

That is what supposedly makes or breaks the late game.. when people start busting out the high-level magic research onslaught.

JasonPratt

Slightly off topic, but I'm going to be setting the Groghammer timer ahead to Monday night, just in case Independence Day weekend becomes a problem for any of us Americans -- we may still get several turns in, and I'll run the clock back once the weekend is past, I just don't want players feeling like they have to choose between getting their turns in on time and family/friends.

Does this game want me or Ysk to do the same?

parone

Nefaro

Quote from: JasonPratt on July 03, 2013, 09:10:26 AM
Slightly off topic, but I'm going to be setting the Groghammer timer ahead to Monday night, just in case Independence Day weekend becomes a problem for any of us Americans -- we may still get several turns in, and I'll run the clock back once the weekend is past, I just don't want players feeling like they have to choose between getting their turns in on time and family/friends.

Good thinking.   

I'm sure many of us 'Muricans will be busy the next few days.

parone

ok, I messed up. 

I thought the game hadn't hosted, but it had.  I am suitably chastened

im  consistently having a problem(about half the time) where my turns don't get sent to me by llama.

anyone else struggling with this?  it seems to have gotten MUCH worse since I installed latest windows 7 update.  or, that could just be a coincidence

parone

Death to Kiryu!!!!

of course, I lost my favorite hero, nikalatu, in the process.

war is such senseless loss...

Nefaro

Quote from: parone on July 04, 2013, 05:06:28 AM
ok, I messed up. 

I thought the game hadn't hosted, but it had.  I am suitably chastened

im  consistently having a problem(about half the time) where my turns don't get sent to me by llama.

anyone else struggling with this?  it seems to have gotten MUCH worse since I installed latest windows 7 update.  or, that could just be a coincidence

I had it happen once, but I usually check the "A_Dominion_Of_Grogs" link on the first page of this thread to see the current turn/file situation.  Helps to ensure it doesn't happen again.

JasonPratt

Quote from: parone on July 04, 2013, 11:42:11 AM
Death to Kiryu!!!!

of course, I lost my favorite hero, nikalatu, in the process.

war is such senseless loss...

Speaking of senseless, I have no idea how I died. We're slaughtering people left and right, and then at the final round suddenly Kiryu isn't there anymore. I thought maybe he had flown off to chase routing troops. Did my Zmey's inadvertently kill him??--if so with what? He had 100% fire resistance to start with, he was a fire dragon! (And was wearing a flame shield to help keep groundlings away.)

I've watched the replay several times. If it wasn't for the fact that I'm simply not there the final round, and the game confirms in other ways I'm dead, I wouldn't even know I had died.

Oh well. Onward then.  ::)