A War of a Madman's Making

Started by al_infierno, March 08, 2024, 12:43:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

al_infierno

A War of a Madman's Making is a FREE war planning and political thriller visual novel, now updated to its 1.0 release.

QuoteWar of a Madman's Making is set in a fictional world where nuclear escalation has blackened the skies. You are a citizen who has been mysteriously called up to serve as Field Marshal of the Great Leader's army. Through a combination of resource management, political maneuvering, and strategic military planning, you must survive the impending war - and the purges and assassinations that will come along with it.

You have the freedom to be ruthless in your methods, but doing so too freely could have consequences - particularly if you face a tribunal for crimes against humanity. However, mismanage your resources pursuing nobler causes, and you'll find a similar fate at the hands of your beloved Great Leader.

Rein in the disaster, protect your family, and survive the purges.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1985710/A_War_of_a_Madmans_Making/

A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

devoncop

Downloading this evening.

Best of luck with it Al.

Congratulations on the amazing Steam reviews so far !
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Tripoli

"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

al_infierno

A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Destraex

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

al_infierno

Quote from: Destraex on March 08, 2024, 06:09:05 PMGood find.

Not exactly a "find," I made it myself  :Nerd:  But I appreciate the sentiment!

- MengJiao