To the Edge of the Bocage

Started by MengJiao, January 10, 2020, 08:16:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MengJiao

Playing Hell Let Loose made me wonder about fighting in the bocage.  The closest I can get outside of HLL is probably The Greatest Day south of Gold Beach.  The dense bocage begins west of the Bayeux map.

Historically, on the 9th of June, Panzer Lehr attacked with Bayeux as its objective.  They got to within 4 or 5 kilometers of Bayeux at Ellon, so I assigned that as their objective and supposed them to be attacking one day early while KGs of the 352 and 711 divisions might have still been hanging on.

The 50th Division is attacking also, with the 8th Armored Bde in support (well, spearheading things at 7am anyway) as well as 5 cruisers backing up the attack.  They can call on the 22nd armored -- but that's going to cost them some points and more if they release it early.  Similarly PzLehr can call on some Panthers for some points lost.  anyway -- a little after 7am on June 8th, the British are advancing:

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on January 10, 2020, 08:16:47 AM

Playing Hell Let Loose made me wonder about fighting in the bocage.  The closest I can get outside of HLL is probably The Greatest Day south of Gold Beach.  The dense bocage begins west of the Bayeux map.

Historically, on the 9th of June, Panzer Lehr attacked with Bayeux as its objective.  They got to within 4 or 5 kilometers of Bayeux at Ellon, so I assigned that as their objective and supposed them to be attacking one day early while KGs of the 352 and 711 divisions might have still been hanging on.

The 50th Division is attacking also, with the 8th Armored Bde in support (well, spearheading things at 7am anyway) as well as 5 cruisers backing up the attack.  They can call on the 22nd armored -- but that's going to cost them some points and more if they release it early.  Similarly PzLehr can call on some Panthers for some points lost.  anyway -- a little after 7am on June 8th, the British are advancing:

9am sharp -- PZ Lehr knocks a hole in 8 BDE's spear head:

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on January 10, 2020, 03:39:34 PM
[

9am sharp -- PZ Lehr knocks a hole in 8 BDE's spear head:

11am -- A KG from 352 gets ready to hold on: