Middle Provincial Era GROGPUBLIC game thread

Started by JasonPratt, September 17, 2018, 05:04:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

So! -- with that introduction to the Censorial office, we now await I.I. making a Proposal for two new Consuls.  O:-) Or possibly just floating an idea for them without calling for an official Proposal yet.

(Presiding Magistrates SHOULD BE CLEAR about this, so as to avoid unnecessary delay. If you mean to have a vote on your Proposal, clarify that you are making a Proposal; and if you mean for the voting to start immediately without further discussion, either declare a voting order or declare that Factions can vote at will.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

IncompetentIdiot

Valerius nominates Fulvius to preside over the Senate and Cincinnatus to end the insolence of the Aequi.

Edit: Free voting order.

JasonPratt

Note that Fulvius is in the Plutocrat Faction, and Cinc (as before) is with the Aristocrats. See the snapshots for relevant details. Cinc has immunity to D/S results from the Aequian War.

The Proposal is not exactly for the Consular relationship, which would have to be worked out between the victors afterward; but I.I. is announcing his intentions for afterward.

Since a vote has been called, the Aristocrats start it off with 11 votes for the Proposal. (Aristocrats currently lack the Influence to x2 their knights.) Potentially 61 votes remain against it (including some activist x2 votes.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Erax

The Progressives vote in favor, we want Cincinnatus to defeat the Aequi before we run into more wars.

JasonPratt

That adds 13 and 5, and subtracts 13 and 7 potential votes against.

Current totals 29 for, none against, potentially 41 against.

Edited to add: basically if Malize or AzTank vote for, that'll be the win.

ArizonaTank

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

JasonPratt

That's enough for the majority. Fulv and Cinc will be Consuls next, Roman and Field respectively (since that was I.I.'s intention, and I know the Frog was fine with Fulv being Roman Consul.)

I'll catch up tomorrow morning with the stats and adjustments. Meanwhile, Fulvius becomes the Presiding Magistrate and so, for the next Mandatory Business, must consider and Propose the new senatorial office of Censor.

The valid senator list (in Rome, previously a Consul, not currently holding office greater than PontMax) is (clockwise from Player One):

Cornelius and Valerius of the Aristocrats;

Acilius and Appius Claudius of the Plutocrats;

Papirius, Furius Camillus, and the PontMax Fabius of the Conservatives.

A quick overview of the Censor office can be found back upthread a little, here: http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=22942.msg634334#msg634334

JasonPratt

Catching up this morning: the time of the Tribunal has passed! -- although, the plebs rather liked the reformatory agents which made the law public and simpler to understand (at least as a basis) so that senators couldn't hide behind and exploit the law. From the standpoint of the common people, the main problem was that the Tribunal was still a Council of senators...

Anyway, the Consuls have returned to their normal operation. Cincinnatus becomes Field Consul once again, in preparation for what might be his final campaign, against the Aequians, and in this new Era before the Republic his Influence increases by 4 instead of 3 points, up to 14. (I was mis-remembering what the increase would be in the Italian Era, it's a 1 point increase -- I double checked the rules.) This brings the Aristocratic Faction to 34 total Influence: once again becoming the most Influential Faction and so allowing their (currently 4) knights to each vote twice, once for themselves and once bringing a friend among the 'invisible' senators, on any topic pro or con. For the next vote, at least, I.I. will bring 15 votes instead of 11.

And Fulvius of the Plutocrats also gains 4 Influence as the Roman Consul, up to 10, and bringing the Faction's total influence to 24.

Fulvius (I've already alerted the Frog) must now Propose a senator to become the Republic's first Censor.

Edited to add: I'll be gone for most of the day on combined Mom and Niece birthday celebrations, so I'll check back in tonight.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: JasonPratt on October 28, 2018, 10:01:58 AM
Edited to add: I'll be gone for most of the day on combined Mom and Niece birthday celebrations, so I'll check back in tonight.

sounds fun, have a great time!!!
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

JasonPratt

I'm back!

...I sense a distinct lack of the Frog proposing a Censor, though.  :P {checking chat notes} Okay, he was tied up most of the day, too, and wanted to research Censors.

Eyes are too blurry, off to go sleep. Will check in occasionally tomorrow. Censors are a hugely important game change, not least because they can be used to outright kill other senators, so it's a good idea to study them.

Tripoli

I'm heading back from moms 80th birthday party I should be in better communication by tuesday
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Ethel the Frog

Sorry for the delay.  I will propose Apius Claudius for Censor. 

I can't quickly find a list of all the parties, and some of the photos don't have party names, so I will allow voting in any order. 

JasonPratt

Clockwise from the upper left with Player One:

Aristocrats (purple)
Militarists (red)
Plutocrats (green)
Conservatives (brown)
Populists (orange, go Volunteers!  :D )
Progressives (blue)

Each photo does show the Party (or Faction) name; but in the 'left' (Progressive) and 'right' (Plutocrat / Conservative) photos I have to zoom in at an odd angle to get good details on the cards, so the names can be seen on their ability notecards, not on the big colorful cards (with the Players' names, too).

(...I totally did not plan the Progressives being on the 'left' and the Conservatives being on the 'right' of the board, in case anyone was wondering. ;) )

JasonPratt

Appius Claudius, for anyone who might not remember, is a Plutocrat Statesman (and currently the only one, the other two being normal family Senators).

Here's the Plutocrat mat again for reference. The Offices have not been updated yet (nor the personal and total influences), so Val isn't Roman Consul yet, and Acilius is still one of the Tribunal Consuls.

Notice where the Faction name is shown!