Penny Dreadful

Started by TacticalWargames, July 24, 2014, 06:03:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TacticalWargames

Someone mentioned this series in another post so I downloaded the series and have to say I loved it. Infact I watched every episode in one sitting! After being disappointed with some recent new series like The Strain and The Last Ship this was a breath of fresh air. Though Dominion is another one I'm enjoying at the moment aswell..again tracked down after someone posted about it on here.

Looking forward to season 2.

Centurion40

But it is something that Martock should not watch.
Any time is a good time for pie.

Staggerwing

Quote from: Centurion40 on July 27, 2014, 07:57:53 PM
But it is something that Martock should not watch.

Why? Is there death-by-Lutefisk?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Centurion40

Arachnids galore, in some episodes.

Nefaro

This grew on me.  I enjoyed the first episode, but then it seemed to slow down for a couple episodes before picking up again.  The quality is quite good, and the gothic horror setting is enjoyable.  I'd liken it to a darker gothic horror version of League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

Since the Penny Dreadful season is over, I looked around for something else but the only thing I found interesting was Syfy's Dominion series.  So I've been watching that too.  It's the usual B-quality stuff made for Syfy but the writing and acting seems to be better than the rest, and the premise is unique.

Martok

Quote from: Centurion40 on July 27, 2014, 08:06:23 PM
Arachnids galore, in some episodes.
Good to know!  Thanks for the warning.  :P 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Centurion40

There is another scene with more, but I can't find a pic.

BanzaiCat

Typical Satanic-leaning little buggerers.

Martok

Quote from: Centurion40 on July 30, 2014, 12:19:39 PM

There is another scene with more, but I can't find a pic.
Quite all right.  That's already more than I care to see.  :o 

"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

Gusington

Watched the first three episodes...really good. Martok you may be able to watch if you skip the opening credits.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tpek

Quote from: TacticalWargames on July 24, 2014, 06:03:29 AM
Someone mentioned this series in another post so I downloaded the series and have to say I loved it. Infact I watched every episode in one sitting! After being disappointed with some recent new series like The Strain and The Last Ship this was a breath of fresh air. Though Dominion is another one I'm enjoying at the moment aswell..again tracked down after someone posted about it on here.

Looking forward to season 2.

Where can one download shows these days?
Netflix, Hulu, Vudu, shmudu and all the rest of them are blocked to me because I'm not American.
Likewise Amazon won't let me download digital versions of shows/movies for the same reason (yet allow me to order the physical copies... go figure).
iTunes will maybe allow me to purchase movies but is a complete mess.
:(

Martok

Quote from: Gusington on August 24, 2014, 11:17:22 AM
Watched the first three episodes...really good. Martok you may be able to watch if you skip the opening credits.
Thanks Gus.  Good to know I can keep this one in mind. 

Gusington

Yeah the opening credits are a bit much even for me. For you I think they would be a definite issue.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Centurion40

Quote from: Martok on August 25, 2014, 01:57:23 PM
Quote from: Gusington on August 24, 2014, 11:17:22 AM
Thanks Gus.  Good to know I can keep this one in mind.

Remember, he is only 3 episodes in. That being said, he should have seen the flood of spiders coming from behind the crucifix by now.

Gusington

I made some, er...poo viewing choices last night but will not make the same mistake twice. Will watch at least a couple more this long weekend.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd