Main Menu

DCS Discussion

Started by republic, October 28, 2013, 06:25:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Father Ted

Quote from: hellfish6 on March 06, 2021, 01:22:55 PM
There's a Phantom in DCS?

If someone makes an English Electric Lightning for DCS I will be all over that.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Father Ted on March 06, 2021, 07:50:56 PM
Quote from: hellfish6 on March 06, 2021, 01:22:55 PM
There's a Phantom in DCS?

If someone makes an English Electric Lightning for DCS I will be all over that.

It is being worked on by Razbam.

https://stormbirds.blog/2020/05/15/razbam-confirms-development-on-lightning-for-dcs/

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Father Ted

^Oh dear, that's me sunk...And I suppose, it being DCS, it will be dear.  Thanks for the find though!

Toonces

Jarhead, I thought you might get a kick out of this.

(Some of you other guys might enjoy it, too.)

FWIW, I blinked like 20 times...and I was trying not to...

Balls of steel, man.  (Note: I watched the pilot's eyes through the video, and I did not see a blink)

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Toonces

Jesus Christ, what a couple of fucking studs.  You can see them actually holding their breath that last few seconds as they wrestle that E-2 onto the deck.  Man alive that is awesome.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Jarhead0331

Yeah. I've watched a bunch of his vids. If you look at the comments, you'll see me communicating with him a couple times. I think it's a C-2 Greyhound. Not an E-2. I even mentioned you and your comments regarding trim in the Orion.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

MengJiao

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on March 12, 2021, 06:58:13 PM

And I come down in Palmyra:

Elsewhere, there is DANGER:

Jarhead0331

ACES II seat arrived.

Having a hard time getting it positioned comfortably. I might need to switch to a different stick and throttle mounting option as I'm finding it hard to position the seat so that I can actually get in and out of it while also having the FCS within reach.  Regardless, it is so freakin cool. It's like the find of the century. They don't make these anymore and I found some random guy selling it on Facebook marketplace of all places. I got him down from $400 to $250. He had no idea what it was. He was using it as a "unique" man cave chair and his wife made him get rid of it. lol

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Toonces

Dayum!  That is bloody fantastic brother!   :smitten:   \m/   :notworthy:

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Toonces on March 21, 2021, 07:54:57 PM
Dayum!  That is bloody fantastic brother!   :smitten:   \m/   :notworthy:

I'm pretty excited. I wasn't sure i was going to be able to get it because although it was located in NY, it was in the total opposite side of the state, literally a six hour drive away and the guy would not ship it. I ended up finding a service called Roadie, where you can set up a pickup and delivery of a single item. Drivers who are headed in the direction of the delivery destination see the job on a board and can accept it so they bring it on their way. It was tough to coordinate, but it worked out, it was affordable and I take that all as a sign that it was meant to be.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Destraex

JArhead I now expect evidence of your multiplayer kills doubling :)
That chair is amazing! :bd:
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Dammit Carl!

Jarhead0331

As awesome as it looks, it is hardly the most practical chair. It's not super comfortable, as one might expect, and it renders any kind of gaming other than flight simming challenging, to say the least. If I didn't have more than one strong gaming rig set up, I probably wouldn't use it at all.

I gave my Dell 1070 rig to my daughter as her first PC and moved that out of my office and into the kids' play room. I moved my 2080ti over to my main desk where I do "real" work and my light simming or other types of gaming. So at that station, I have the 2080ti and an older 1080, both with 32 GB ram. They run off of the same monitors, and devices with a KVM switch, so I can switch between the two systems on the fly. Very handy.

Just waiting to get the CLX rig back from repair. That will be the system that gets the "chair". It will be almost exclusively for DCS gaming, and other complex simming requiring multiple peripherals.

PCs have become as common as TVs in my house. Three running in my office, one in the play room for the kids and one in my workshop for 3D printing. I still have three others in storage that are between 5 and 10 years old, but I can't bring myself to brick them. I know there are treasures of data on those drives...
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

I like that it has the 'NO STEP' decal.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd