Main Menu

Point of Attack 2

Started by Jarhead0331, August 03, 2022, 10:53:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

I think I bought Maneuver Warfare a few months ago (on Steam), been meaning to play it but haven't gotten around to it yet.

I'm glad to see PoA2 getting some love! (And relatively modern updates!) I remember buying it YEEAARRSSS ago, through NWS, on disc (with a ton of other things, as usual when I'd go on an NWS buying spree.) I loaded it a couple of times, got completely lost, maybe ran into a bug or two, and decided to come back later when I had more time to study it. Then never did.

Relatedly, I'm sure I've still got PoA2 sitting around on CD for less than $50 plus shipping...  >:D (If I can find it!)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Grim.Reaper

An interview with the developer of Maneuver Warfare was just published....interesting read, intrigues me, maybe at some point will give it a shot...not too expensive at $20.

https://strategyandwargaming.com/2022/08/02/maneuver-warfare-developer-interview/

Sir Slash

Maneuver Warfare? Never heard of it. But now I'll check it out. Thanks for the Heads-Up Reaper.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Old TImer

I have "Point of Attack 2".  Haven't played it in many years.  It looked really interesting
when it came out and I was looking forward to many user made scenarios but they never
really came.  I remember being frustrated by the UI but the game most definitely had
some pretty cool ideas.  I don't know that I ever got through an entire battle.  I might
try and find the CD and give it another try.  There's a relatively new update?
Can't believe they're still selling it for 50 bucks. 

I also had a game called "Decisive Action" by the same blokes.  More strategic to POA2's
tactical.  Had a good time with it.

Also wasn't aware of "Maneuver Warfare" on steam so I might have to take a look at that.

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

JasonPratt

I keep remembering how nicely groggy ManuWar looks, and then forgetting it to do something else!  L:-)

They're still adding content, too -- next up this month is a Combat Service Support company that can be added to your battle group, including during the campaigns.

Ahem... Bergepanther.  :D