Battlefield 5 Blue Screen of Death

Started by demjansk1942, March 02, 2020, 06:11:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

demjansk1942

Playing Battlefield 5 on Sunday, dis connected twice with a whea stopcode.  Used a program to view problem including event viewer and that came up with a Hal.dll issue.  I then noticed that I needed a Windows update.  Installed update, played about 2 hours and no disconnect.

I guess it was the Windows update being necessary?  What do you think?

Yskonyn

WHAE codes are usually tied to Overclocking. Do you run an overclocked system? If so, chances are your VCore needs tweaking.
BF5 is quite intensive on CPU.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

demjansk1942

I don't think I have it overclocked, I am using a 1070 card as well with 12gb ram on board.

Yskonyn

If you're not overclocking then it might be caused by PSU problems or hardware that's about to die (usually memory).

https://www.lifewire.com/fix-whea-uncorrectable-error-4689907

This is but a single example of an article. Google turns out many more.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

demjansk1942

Hi guys,
I ended up trying everything and the solution was to reinstall Windows 10.  All works now and I was getting the 000124 numbers and a hll.dll missing when I did the check.  Thanks for helping