Hellion - will be free this weekend, then removed from Steam

Started by mbar, March 24, 2020, 08:36:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbar

Hellion
Explore derelict ships and stations and harvest raw resources in search of air, fuel and other equipment. Or loot and pillage what you need from other survivors. The choice is yours!

The game will be free for download on Steam from March 27, 10AM (PT) until March 30, 10 AM (PT).
After that, it will be no longer available for purchase.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/588210/HELLION/

Destraex

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Jarhead0331

There is some controversy behind this one, if I recall. It's an abandoned unfinished game. I know whatever happened really pissed the community off.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Phantom

I guess the question is how unfinished? - The game Objects in Space recently had the same issue - abandoned whilst working through some apparent bugs - (its an odd but so far enjoyable throwback space exploration game) but I picked it up cheap & its been quite entertaining. Maybe Hellion will be in the same boat (or ship) and i guess free is pretty risk free.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Phantom on March 25, 2020, 10:37:52 AM
I guess the question is how unfinished? - The game Objects in Space recently had the same issue - abandoned whilst working through some apparent bugs - (its an odd but so far enjoyable throwback space exploration game) but I picked it up cheap & its been quite entertaining. Maybe Hellion will be in the same boat (or ship) and i guess free is pretty risk free.

Objects in Space is a great game. Sorry to hear its been abandoned. I wasn't aware of that.

Hellion's failure to complete seemed to really piss the community off and they were very vocal about it, so I have to imagine a lot was on the list to be finished.

This is the announcement that led to all the outrage: https://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791457270252/announcements/detail/2667745625174448409

A lot of negative feedback in the reviews and even Space Game Junkie doesn't recommend it, which is really a stretch since he seems to recommend just about any steaming pile of space crap.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18