Main Menu

Shadow Empire

Started by Jarhead0331, April 08, 2020, 04:02:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

solops

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 07, 2020, 10:51:12 AM
Quote from: jamus34 on May 07, 2020, 10:35:23 AM
Shadow empire release date dropped. June 4th

Nice. That's my wife's birthday. I can get it for me for her birthday!  <:-)
She will be SO excited!
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

devoncop

My birthday on May 22nd and my lovely wife has promised to get it for me :smitten:

Release of the year.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Gusington

;D That is sig line worthy.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

CJReich46

June 4th! WOOT!  :D

Definitely Grabbing.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

devoncop

Quote from: CJReich46 on May 07, 2020, 12:48:56 PM

Definitely Grabbing.

Not a problem for me but folks should note it appears to be a Matrix Store exclusive (at least initially) despite there being a store page for it on Steam.....

Interesting.

Martok

Quote from: devoncop on May 07, 2020, 12:57:53 PM

Definitely Grabbing.

Not a problem for me but folks should note it appears to be a Matrix Store exclusive (at least initially) despite there being a store page for it on Steam.....

Interesting.
An oversight, maybe? 

I'm not terribly worried either way.  I'm happy to purchase it directly from the M/S website, I just also want get my Steam key at some point. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

devoncop

Quote from: Martok on May 07, 2020, 08:43:14 PM
Quote from: devoncop on May 07, 2020, 12:57:53 PM

Definitely Grabbing.

Interesting.
An oversight, maybe? 

I'm not terribly worried either way.  I'm happy to purchase it directly from the M/S website, I just also want get my Steam key at some point.

I agree with you Martok the Matrix store works fine for me.

Don't think its an oversight as the Matrix newsletter e-mailed out to me specifically mentioned the "Matrix exclusive".

W8taminute

I've noticed that with Matrix/Slitherine you are better off purchasing directly from them and getting the Steam Key later.  Some of their Steam purchased products have issues with them regarding mods, updates, PBEM features, etc. 

One of my recent purchases from last year was Field of Glory Empires from Steam.  I had a difficult time getting the multiplayer window to log me in and find a game I was playing with Jason, MD, and Tuna.  This is the 21st century and I shouldn't have struggles like this on a Steam purchased game.  Forgive me but my patience and tolerance for ineptitude is quite short these days.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

devoncop

Quote from: W8taminute on May 08, 2020, 10:58:36 AM
I've noticed that with Matrix/Slitherine you are better off purchasing directly from them and getting the Steam Key later.  Some of their Steam purchased products have issues with them regarding mods, updates, PBEM features, etc. 

One of my recent purchases from last year was Field of Glory Empires from Steam.  I had a difficult time getting the multiplayer window to log me in and find a game I was playing with Jason, MD, and Tuna.  This is the 21st century and I shouldn't have struggles like this on a Steam purchased game.  Forgive me but my patience and tolerance for ineptitude is quite short these days.

Interesting.

I had issues with the games not updating properly via the In game Matrix updater whereas Steam does it automatically so I have never had an issue.

As with so much with our hobby its "horses for courses".

ArizonaTank

Quote from: devoncop on May 08, 2020, 11:11:02 AM
Quote from: W8taminute on May 08, 2020, 10:58:36 AM

Over the years, I have had multiple computers, been in several different locations, and have never been able to get the Matrix updater to work. I have always had to update manually...or as you suggest, play them on Steam; where updates do actually happen.

Interesting.

I had issues with the games not updating properly via the In game Matrix updater whereas Steam does it automatically so I have never had an issue.

As with so much with our hobby its "horses for courses".
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

JasonPratt

While I've run into the same problem W8 talked about (while playing the same game, and in fact mp with him), I've never run into the same problem on other Matrix games I've bought through Steam. FoG:Emp released with the latest version of PBEM++ (+++?), updated to finally allow more than two players, and I inferred that this was the problem or something related back at the Matrixlitherine servers. Then again, the game itself has some odd bugs where it thinks it has shut down without shutting down and gives various alerts to this effect, which might be an artifact of the standard Matrix front-end trying to run after Steam, but which I don't recall seeing on their other games aside from occasionally other Ageod titles! -- thus I'm inclined to suspect this is some kind of persistent Ageod coding glitch.

Still, the inability to log into the multiplayer serves on occasion, is glaring and annoying, and certainly real, whatever its cause(s).  >:(
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Tpek

There are already let's plays of this game by various YouTube influencers.

devoncop

The You Tube series by Dastactic are long, comprehensive and in my opinion the most informative to date.

He explains mechanics very thoroughly.

JasonPratt

True about Dastactic; but that second video is kind of adorably neat!  O0
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!