Main Menu

The Strain

Started by TacticalWargames, July 12, 2014, 09:00:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

Did anyone say "Stay frosty" or "Revenge is a dish best served cold" in this one, though?

mirth

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on July 23, 2014, 06:02:22 PM
Did anyone say "Stay frosty" or "Revenge is a dish best served cold" in this one, though?

Good point. I gave up on The Last Ship after that episode. Even Adam Baldwin can't save that mess.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

Just finished book two. The tv series could be excellent if they step it up.

I don't want to get into spoilers for people, but I wish the books had explored more of the viral nature of 'the strain'.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

mirth

Anyone watch episode 3? I haven't yet. I'm on the bubble of skipping the show and only reading the books.

mirth

If they spent a lot less time on the divorce story line, this show would be much more interesting.

Centurion40

Quote from: mirth on July 29, 2014, 11:26:40 AM
If they spent a lot less time on the divorce story line, this show would be much more interesting.

Yep.

The whole show is consistently hot & cold.
Any time is a good time for pie.

mirth

With Episode 4, the show remains uneven. At least this most recent episode was uncluttered with the annoying divorce sub-plot (which also wore thin in the novels).

I am liking some of the differences from the novel. The hacker chick was fun.

TacticalWargames

Stuck with it and I have to say it's got no better..infact the last episode was awful..script and acting..

Centurion40

What's up with those vampire commandos?

I couldn't help but notice that parts of the show has been shot on the streets of Toronto.  Could help explain the sucking (I can say it, I'm Canadian).  I also noticed that one scene (after the bust-up at the gas station) had snow in it, and then the next there were leaves on the trees!! Terrible continuity.
Any time is a good time for pie.

TacticalWargames

I think that last episode wa ssupposd to be full of tension..but it was like watching some school drama impro on a zombie\vampire apocalypse..

mirth

Quote from: Centurion40 on September 05, 2014, 08:13:38 AM
What's up with those vampire commandos?

That's based on the book.

mirth

Ugh. Episode 9 was dreadful. More of the divorced dad melodrama.

The hacker chick is a welcome addition. She's a completely new character, didn't exist in the novels.

The Master was a let down. More goofy than scary. He was far more frightening when he was just the fast moving robes.