Main Menu

Sharknado 2!

Started by mirth, July 30, 2014, 05:01:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Arctic Blast

It was enjoyable, but not as enjoyable as the first one. There were some entertaining C-list appearances, though. I quite liked the casting of Robert Hays (Airplane) as the pilot.

Also, Tara Reid is quite possibly the worst actress of all time. Everyone else was going over the top to fit the movie, and she was incapable of accomplishing even that. Painful to watch.

BanzaiCat

I only lasted about 2/3 of the way through Sharknado (the first) before I turned away. I couldn't figure out if I was watching the biggest pile of shite of all time or one of the most brilliant ideas of all time. I'm leaning more towards "so bloody bad, and done that way on purpose, that it's highly entertaining."

I might try it again sometime. And Sharknado 2's existence does not suprise me in the least.

MetalDog

Just heard my local sports radio guy going on about 2.  He said the funniest part was Judd Hirsch as a taxi driver..
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Staggerwing

Quote from: MetalDog on July 31, 2014, 02:40:41 PM
Just heard my local sports radio guy going on about 2.  He said the funniest part was Judd Hirsch as a taxi driver..

I haven't seen the movie but in the trailer I thought I caught a glimpse of Andy Dick as a cop.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

MetalDog

I didn't think they let Andy Dick be an actor any more.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Arctic Blast

There were quite a few 'celebrity' appearances. Robert Klein, Billy Ray Cyrus (as a doctor!), Kurt Angle, Wil Wheaton, Pepa, Matt Lauer, Perez Hilton, Biz Markie, Al Roker, Michael Strahan, Kelly Ripa, etc. And those are just the people who make cameo appearances.

The funniest part (for me) is in 2 parts.

SPOILERS

At the start, Tara Reid and Ian Ziering are flying to New York. Cue flying through a Sharknado. Sharks eat the pilots and take out an engine. Ian Ziering commandeers the airliner and lands it. Tara Reid ends up hanging out a blown door by one arm while blasting away with a handgun at oncoming sharks with the other. It might be the single most ridiculously hilarious moment in cinema ever. Anyway, a shark bites off the gun arm just below the elbow.

Towards the end, Ian Ziering and Vivica Fox (who has really beefed up over the years) blow up the giant Freon tanks at the top of the Empire State Building (don't ask) to thwart the super-Sharknado which is forming (don't ask). They explode, and Ian Ziering ends up grabbing a length of chain while flying through the dissipating storm, lassoes a shark, and rides it down to safety atop the Empire State Building (which is somehow still intact. Don't ask.), impaling said shark on the needle. He rejoins Tara Reid, who now has a circular saw where her hand used to be, when they see a shark coming in. No weapons! They're doomed! But he reaches into the maw of a nearby dead shark and pulls out Tara Reid's arm, complete with the handgun, and kills it.

If this doesn't sound like something you need to see, avoid the Sharknado movies. Also, you have no soul.

mirth

Do they reattach her arm at the end? Or does she get a hook?
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

mirth

Quote from: MetalDog on July 31, 2014, 11:23:06 PM
I didn't think they let Andy Dick be an actor any more.

When was Andy Dick ever an actor?

Arctic Blast

Quote from: mirth on August 01, 2014, 03:10:33 PM
Do they reattach her arm at the end? Or does she get a hook?

That actually isn't covered. Perhaps Sharknado 3 will provide the answer.

JasonPratt

Sharknado 3: Tara Chainsaw Massacre
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!