World At War 85 - Storming the Gap Funded in 24 Hours Now On Kickstarter

Started by Thrawn, February 05, 2019, 04:28:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barthheart

Quote from: Yskonyn on March 06, 2019, 09:53:05 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on March 06, 2019, 08:45:47 AM
This a reboot of the entire system. So the major titles will be complete stand alone games. There maybe expansions to individual stand alone games but David has promised to never again have multiple game requirements for expansions.

Not sure if all the titles will get KS treatment but judging by the success of this one I don't see why not.

Cool. Any idea how many standalones we're talking about?

Something like 8 planned so far?... Keith was talking about it somewhere that can't recall now.

Yskonyn

"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Barthheart

Crossroads

Quote from: Barthheart on March 06, 2019, 12:27:41 PM
Quote from: Yskonyn on March 06, 2019, 12:19:30 PM
Ok but that's 8 WaW games in various era's ? Or 8 in '85?

In '85, various theatres.

https://store.lnlpublishing.com/series/world-at-war-85-series

Storming the Gap (Fulda Gap) and Blood and Bridges (North German plains) are likely the two boxes I'd like to get covering NATO in Europe.

Then, When the Lion Roars for Arab Israeli Wars, because of course  :knuppel2:

And that said, I will not buy any other boxes, and that's it. Or maybe just the Red Lighting as it's set in Nordics. And Strike Force Africa looks intriguing... As does Red Dragon Rises...  :hide:

Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Yskonyn

Oh my dear God... how am I going to explain all this to my wife once she discovers this is just the FIRST of a series...  :peace:
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

OJsDad

Quote from: Yskonyn on March 06, 2019, 01:14:00 PM
Oh my dear God... how am I going to explain all this to my wife once she discovers this is just the FIRST of a series...  :peace:

What, you a newly wed?  The same why she explains why she needed to buy another pair of black heeled shoes.  They were on sale!  And their different than the other 4 pair of black heeled shoes that she already has.

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Crossroads

Quote from: OJsDad on March 07, 2019, 09:55:57 PM

What, you a newly wed?  The same why she explains why she needed to buy another pair of black heeled shoes.  They were on sale!  And their different than the other 4 pair of black heeled shoes that she already has.
Oh I wish this would work. Or, that when you'd go to a gaming session, you'd ask which game to take with you, and she'd replay, actually. After which you'd take the exact opposite, perhaps rolling your eyes at her.

"Do I look fat when playing this game?"

CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Crossroads

Quote from: Crossroads on March 08, 2019, 02:12:30 AM
Quote from: OJsDad on March 07, 2019, 09:55:57 PM

Oh I wish this would work. Or, that when you'd go to a gaming session, you'd ask which game to take with you, and she'd replay, actually. After which you'd take the exact opposite, perhaps rolling your eyes at her.

"Do I look fat when playing this game?"
Or is it: "Does my butt look big with this game?"  I need practice with this...

Yskonyn

Thanks for the tip, but the only fetish my wife has is for handbags and purses, but she's been behaving very well lately. See why I am in a danger zone? Oh an no, not a newly wed at all, doesn't that just make it extra volatile? 🦄

Yskonyn

Barthheart

JudgeDredd

I am rather excited having just confirmed everything yesterday.  :smitten:
Alba gu' brath

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Silent Disapproval Robot

Barthheart