5 Shows that get more praise than they deserve

Started by MetalDog, September 27, 2014, 09:59:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoctorQuest

My response to the article was "meh". If he was trying to be funny he failed. I like some of the shows. Others I simply have never had time to watch.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

TacticalWargames

Can't beat abit of Walking Dead.

Now Big Bang Theory is dire..just like Friends just not funny..with canned laughter after every other sentence.

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Steelgrave

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on September 29, 2014, 09:00:49 AM
Quote from: TacticalWargames on September 29, 2014, 06:52:02 AM
Can't beat abit of Walking Dead.

what about season 2 and the farm of eternal estrogen?

Last season more than made up for any prior Walking Dead sins  8)

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Steelgrave

Quote from: Gusington on September 29, 2014, 12:48:41 PM
The farm episodes were a little rough.

I liked the flashback episode where you see Hershel convincing Rick to take up farming. It was poignant and portended how far away from that man Rick was about to become.

But I'm looking for some serious ass-kicking to happen this season, both towards zombies and the Terminus folks. A couple of weeks more.....

Gusington

I watch it on Netflix so I am one season behind. Same thing with American Horror Story and some others.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Steelgrave

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on September 29, 2014, 09:45:22 PM
I just couldnt get into AHS.

Season 2 was great. Season 1 had it's moments. Season 3 isn't discussed among polite company. Which excludes us, I know.....

Martok

Without even clicking the article, I knew TBBT would be on that list.  I personally love the show, but I'm well aware it ain't for everyone. 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Gusington

For AHS I thought the first season was quite scary. Season 2 was good but more bizarre. I've been told that season 3 (Coven) sucks but I will watch it anyway.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Martok on September 30, 2014, 07:08:26 AMWithout even clicking the article, I knew TBBT would be on that list.  I personally love the show, but I'm well aware it ain't for everyone. 

I know too many people that are just like those characters to not watch it.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Sir Slash

As long as we're giving plugs for shows... I'll toss in AMC's western, Hell On Wheels. I'm a sucker for westerns anyway but this one has gotten quite good in it's 4th season, I think it's 4. AMC has moved it up to 9pm and toned down a little of the nudity and violence that made it kind of Son of Anarchy in the west and added more actual story and suspense. The scenery is great, the settings are believable with authentic clothing and weapons, and the acting isn't bad at all. Of course how can you go wrong with guns, trains, Indians, and lots of bad guys? I noticed the star, Anson Mount, is now producing the show which may account for the improvement this season or else the show's going bankrupt. Either way it's a good watch. I put it ahead of Vikings and behind SOA.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

DoctorQuest

Quote from: bayonetbrant on September 30, 2014, 08:53:45 AM
Quote from: Martok on September 30, 2014, 07:08:26 AMWithout even clicking the article, I knew TBBT would be on that list.  I personally love the show, but I'm well aware it ain't for everyone. 

I know too many people that are just like those characters to not watch it.

I AM those characters! (ask my wife)  :2funny:
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.