1st Wonder Woman trailer (Comicon 2016)

Started by JasonPratt, July 25, 2016, 08:21:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Me too, I think. Not sure if its appropriate for 11 and 8 year olds...but I am sure The Wife will approve in her militant feminist way.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Quote from: Gusington on May 19, 2017, 10:28:17 AM
Me too, I think. Not sure if its appropriate for 11 and 8 year olds...but I am sure The Wife will approve in her militant feminist way.

My kids are pretty much those ages and I'm confident it will be okay for them. The only recent comic films I've steered them clear of are Deadpool and Logan (and that most recent Fantastic Four - because it sucked).
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

Hmm this may be an all out mobilzation of Clan Gus for a movie night, then.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

OJsDad

I'm not sure I can buy into the Germans of WWI being the evil villain that requires a superhero to save the world.  Am I missing something with the story line. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Staggerwing

Quote from: OJsDad on May 20, 2017, 08:00:55 PM
I'm not sure I can buy into the Germans of WWI being the evil villain that requires a superhero to save the world.  Am I missing something with the story line.

There appears to be some kind of Imperial German Wunderwaffen involved that imperils the historical outcome.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

The real villian is Ares, not the Germans.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Staggerwing

Quote from: mirth on May 20, 2017, 08:49:23 PM
The real villian is Ares, not the Germans.

Didn't Xena already fix his wagon way back in the day?

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

mirth

Staggerwing

mirth

Sir Slash

I'm so 'Old School' that I think the only Wonder Woman should be the TV show one with the very large boobs-- Linda Carter I think. She wouldn't need a magic rope to catch me.  :dreamer:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

acctingman

Please....Mrs. Carter...please lasso me! I've been a bad boy!!  O0

Sir Slash

She can ride in my Invisible Plane anytime she wants!  :D
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

The girls at the Nerdist (Team Unicorn iirc?) have released a video porting Wonder Woman (and related lyrics) into feminist icon songs. (Their own description.)

"Some boys fly, and some boys buy, but they won't save the day (no way, no way).
"But I will: a demigoddess sculpture made of claaay.
"Because we're livin' a Themyscyrian world, and I'm a Themyscyrian girl..."

...they're kinda cringey.  :hide:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

mirth