33 Reasons Why THE DARK KNIGHT RISES had to be annoying

Started by JasonPratt, December 07, 2012, 01:40:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

I just watched it Sunday and its my favorite in the series. And I loved the first two.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Huw the Poo

Finally watched this tonight, and although I think you're being a bit nitpicky in places, Jason, I do agree with the overall sentiment.  This is a far inferior film to TDK, to the point where it's difficult to believe Nolan made both.  Nolan pretty much phoned this one in.

I'm too tired to write much now, but some of my own annoyances include the first half of the film being utter bollocks that could've been condensed to ten minutes to make way for some, ya know, BATMAN STUFF.  The first fight between Bane and Batman was crap.  There are too many stupid lines of dialogue that are there to cater to stupid people (my all time number one pet peeve in films).  The ending?  Oh Jeezy Creezy, WHY?  Did they really have to tack on that bullshit?  It would've been just fine ending at the explosion, but nooooo, the audience is given about 30 seconds to come to terms with Batman being dead before he's shown to be alive and having a coffee with his new girlfriend (who he should still be quite wary of if you ask me).  Ridiculous.

I just can't believe it's a Nolan film.  It's nowhere near as good as TDK which is almost a masterpiece of filmmaking.

undercovergeek

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Huw, say it isnt true!!!!!

undercovergeek

I found the last 10 minutes from explosion to credits quite emotional!

JasonPratt

So did I: "Thank God this film is finally over, and after all the other ridiculous plot points they at least had the balls to go out like this and... ha ha, Robin, really, okay, cute, whatever, thanks for the attempt at being clever for the fans, WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL NO, NO, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AAARGGGHHH THIS MOVE HURTS SO BADLY AAAAAAHHH AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!"

I do not own this film. As far as I'm concerned, the series ended with TDK. Every time I feel the slightest urge to watch this film again, I go play one of the Arkham games.

(Or, more recently, I load up the animated TDKR two-parter. :) )
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Huw the Poo

Quote from: JasonPratt on August 26, 2013, 07:53:51 AM
So did I: "Thank God this film is finally over, and after all the other ridiculous plot points they at least had the balls to go out like this and... ha ha, Robin, really, okay, cute, whatever, thanks for the attempt at being clever for the fans, WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL NO, NO, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AAARGGGHHH THIS MOVE HURTS SO BADLY AAAAAAHHH AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!"

Yeah they really Hollywoodised the ending.  Even if they really absolutely could not let it end with Batman dead, at least have the reveal be slightly ambiguous...like Alfred looking up at the cafe, obviously seeing something, and craning his neck trying to decide what it is without the camera turning away from him.  Something like that.  But to see Wayne just sat there enjoying himself with his new psychopathic girlfriend only a few short minutes after the audience is asked to contemplate the enormity of the death of Batman...that was just shit.  No other word for it.

The entire first half of the film was overlong and overwrought.  It actually picked right up at the two hour mark, and the showdown between Batman and Bane was much better than their first fight (you could actually see the panic in Bane's face and the confidence in Batman's...Bale and Hardy were amazing here).  So 45 minutes of the film was up to par.  The first couple of hours and the last ten minutes sucked, and that just can't be ignored.  Some film critic commented that this is Nolan's worst film, and I'd have to agree.

Excellent videos by the way. :D

JasonPratt

This guy at "What Culture" does a good job solving a lot of the problems with a rewrite that re-purposes much of the 'production' elements to make a cleaner, less contradictory film than what we got. Good job, what-culture-guy!  O0