Favourite Military Quotes.

Started by Zulu1966, February 01, 2013, 06:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Con on February 03, 2013, 11:07:43 PM"You, you, and you... panic. The rest of you, come with me."
- U.S. Marine Corps gunnery sgt.

love it ;D
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Atilla60

A classic from Bismarck:

People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an
election.
- Otto Von Bismarck
It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all those other forms that have been tried from time to time.
- Sir Winston Churchill -

Pinetree

Gen. Montgomery: Your men don't salute much.

Gen. Freyberg (GOC 2 NZ Division): Yes, but if you wave at them they'll usually wave back.
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

besilarius

August 15, 1945
ComThirdFlt to Alnavco.

Cease Firing.  The War is over.
But if any enemy planes fly over, shoot them down in a friendly manner.

Adm Wm Halsey, commanding.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.