US and Allied Armies: July 1945?

Started by BanzaiCat, September 04, 2014, 12:13:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

All,

I'm doing some research for a novel I'm working on right now and could use a good map or list of US Army units east of the Rhine as of mid-July 1945.

The list would ideally include French, British, and other Allied units as well, even Soviet to an extent (at least, those Soviet units bordering the Western Allies at that time).

If anyone knows of a good book or site that could produce this kind of info, let me know. Goodness knows I've looked off and on for two years now and cannot for the life of me find any info. I occasionally send emails out to those that seem knowledgeable, but they often disappear after replying with an initial, positive message.

Barthheart

bayonetbrant

check out the notes in John Toland's "Last 100 Days"

also check out the perry-Casteneda archives at: http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

Thanks guys.

This is a good start - I might be able to extrapolate unit positions mid-summer. Or I can just use literary license and make it all up. It's not like this isn't fiction I'm doing, anyway.  >:D

bob48

I've got a couple of books about the Brit armoured divs, and I think they have info on where those units were at the end of the war. When I get chance I'll go through them and see if I can find any stuff that may be of use to you.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

BanzaiCat

Thank you sir, I'd much appreciate it.