-- NOW AVAILABLE -- CS Middle East Update 1.02 Open Beta

Started by Crossroads, December 04, 2015, 02:33:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crossroads

Earlier today:

QuoteORIGINAL:  berto

We have handed off ME 1.01 to Matrix/Slitherine.  Vetted the installer too.  Public release should come soon.  It depends on M/S' schedule, however.

Just out:

QuoteORIGINAL:  Tamas

The first major update to the definitive game on modern Middle East conflicts is now available!

You can download the update through your Game Menu by using the "Check for Updates" link, or directly through THIS link

For the list of changes, please check THIS THREAD

:D
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

-budd-

thanks, impressive turn around time from matrix.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Grim.Reaper

Nice to see released...will have to try and return to playing sometime soon...

Nefaro

WOW!!

:o

That terrain mod looks amazing for wargaming pixel art purposes.  I actually enjoy such well done 2D pixel art.  O0

Really need to move this title up higher on my purchase list. 

Boggit

The graphics look much better, and to be honest the release graphics were a substantial improvement over the original Divided Ground. This moves it up a level. O0 Time to get my patch!
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

panzerde

That 3D mod looks absolutely amazing in game. For the first time we have a Campaign Series game that looks great in all views, 2D and 3D. Really nicely done, both by the CS:ME team and modders!

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Crossroads

Quote from: panzerde on December 09, 2015, 07:50:04 PM
That 3D mod looks absolutely amazing in game. For the first time we have a Campaign Series game that looks great in all views, 2D and 3D. Really nicely done, both by the CS:ME team and modders!

Thank you for your kind comment  :)

Yes, while 1.00 was not in anyway a rushed release, there were just so many little details we had to leave for the 1.01 UPDATE. How the game now looks and behaves is so much more in what we wanted to achieve in the first times place.

And the mods are starting to come too  :smitten:

Happy times!

CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Crossroads

Quote from: Cyrano on December 06, 2015, 10:06:43 AM
I need a "gimme" emoticon very badly right now...

Here it is:

Ode To AIW Terrain and Counters Mod (2D Zoom-In View Only)

It only supports maps with base elevations of 0, 1 and 2, true to the AIW map boards. I put three scenarios quickly together to try this out (included in the mod):

Let me know what you think  :)

Crossroads

CS Middle East is very modder friendly, and among the documents and guides available to modders I did a thread explaining how this was done.

A pic from there:

Was good fun  :D

panzerde

So...we really need Panzer Blitz/Panzer Leader mods for CS now. Hint...  ;D
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

savatee

Played Bir Gigafa! Great fun. Now, again, as the Egyptians! Let's have more like this! And YES to PB/PL! Thanks for all your work!

Crossroads

So it is not only me then who's all  :smitten: about this then...

That is great to hear, I am glad you guys are enjoying this too!

Oh yes, having PB  and PL mods available to East Front 3.0 and West Front 3.0 is reason alone to have them done  O0

But meanwhile, it would be great to have all the AIW situations converted. So need to get  :knuppel2: on that then, no excuses.

Al

Just got the update installed (was in the middle of a PBEM game) and all I can say is "Nicely done!"   O0
Al

Crossroads

Quote from: Al on December 12, 2015, 07:53:27 PM
Just got the update installed (was in the middle of a PBEM game) and all I can say is "Nicely done!"   O0

Thank you Al, a lot of TLC went to the update (too)  :)

Crossroads

I am about to start a little DAR at the AAR Forum vs Berto, our lead programmer.

The Crossroads (  :coolsmiley: ) , West Bank, 5 June 1967.

Wish me luck!