Sneaky Release of Nobunaga's Ambition

Started by Jarhead0331, August 27, 2014, 06:25:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Quote from: jomni on September 07, 2015, 07:49:56 PM
The review is true about the art. Making these larger than life characters handsome.

This is Oda Nobunaga:

And not this one.

Japanese console games have always gone nuts on that stuff.  The game intro also has more cheese than a dairy factory (as expected).  Doesn't bother me too much when playing this one.

And what's up with the western style plate armor he's wearing in the art?  Double cheese?

jomni

That is historical.  Oda Nobunaga is a fan of Western technology.  Both Oda Nobunaga and Tokugawa Ieyasu like to wear a "Namban do" armor.  But it shouldn't look like that.  Only the cuirass is European style

But popular Japanese depiction of Oda Nobunaga makes him look like Dracula.  Because he is seen as evil and ruthless.

JasonPratt

Yeah, that's definitely Koei Nobunaga (and Koei Cao Cao for that matter).
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Boggit

In later years Tokugawa Ieyasu had got quite porky, so I imagine that his armour was quite a bit bigger than the suit shown.  ;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokugawa_Ieyasu#/media/File:Tokugawa_Ieyasu.jpg
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

jomni

Quote from: Boggit on September 09, 2015, 04:40:26 PM
In later years Tokugawa Ieyasu had got quite porky, so I imagine that his armour was quite a bit bigger than the suit shown.  ;)

There you go.

Boggit

Quote from: jomni on September 09, 2015, 05:06:03 PM
Quote from: Boggit on September 09, 2015, 04:40:26 PM

There you go.

Ha ha ha, ROFL! Nice one Jomni! :2funny:
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

chemkid

nice thread, thank you all!
for the launcher problem - here's a little workaround that helped me solve it:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/392470/discussions/0/517141807566061618/

cheers!

jomni

My current holdings as Takeda.

And I have recruited the Young Oda Nobunaga.  Oda clan got wiped out by the Imagawa-Matsudaira alliance.  He served under Matsudaira but was not happy.  I recruited him and gave him many gifts to make sure he doesn't defect.

Nefaro

Damn.. that's big. 

Why is Hojo colored green?  Are they allied by marriage? 

I can't recall what it signifies with Diplo toggle on since I've not yet continued my Mori campaign after having to reinstall Windows on my laptop.  I hope it had Cloud Saves enabled last time I saved.  :-\

mikeck

I didn't think I would like this game but i love it. Just so much to do. If this took place on medieval Europe, it would be game of thrones. I had an army commander was his army away from a battle and refuse to fight. Because of that, my other army it was coming to help was defeated. Turns out my general had been bought off by the other clan. Lol
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

jomni

QuoteWhy is Hojo colored green?  Are they allied by marriage? 
I can't recall what it signifies with Diplo toggle on since I've not yet continued my Mori campaign after having to reinstall Windows on my laptop.  I hope it had Cloud Saves enabled last time I saved.

Green = Marriage, Vassals, Alliance (limited turns)

QuoteI didn't think I would like this game but i love it. Just so much to do. If this took place on medieval Europe, it would be game of thrones. I had an army commander was his army away from a battle and refuse to fight. Because of that, my other army it was coming to help was defeated. Turns out my general had been bought off by the other clan. Lol

Many interesting stories happened.

I decided to build a "small castle near the border" of Matsudaira and Saito clans.  Oda Nobunaga was to spearhead the construction and become the castle lord.  But my neighbours didn't like the idea so they attacked.  Tip: Make sure you station an army at the construction site.  What happened was a big mass battle of 20,000 men on both sides.  I won and saw through the completion of the "small castle near the border".

My clash with the Saito made the Suwa, a long-time ally through marriage, turn hostile.  They are located in the center of my territory. But they're so weak, it was easy to defeat them.

When I was in the midst of conquering a small clan with 4 castles (which I forgot the name), his ally, Saito, did nothing but deploy his troops along the border.

But Matsudaira (the future Tokugawa clan), attacked the "small castle on the border" with a massive army,  thinking bulk of my army was engaged in the north.  The castle, which is relatively new, was defended by Oda Nobunaga with less than 1,000 troops.  I sent my son, Takeda Harunobu (the future Takeda Shingen),with 8,000 fresh troops but I had to call in help from Hojo.  And a "mass battle" of 40,000 men (me) vs. 30,000 men (Matsudaira) happened.  I also executed brilliant maneuvers in that battle using Lure tactics to distract the large contingent with small units and then flank them with my main force. The castle was saved due to the Hojo.  But they might have become too powerful.  Due to this decisive move, a long-time vassal, the Unno clan (the future Sanada clan) asked for assimilation.

Nagao to the north decided to take advantage of the chaos.  I didn't have enough troops at the start to counter due to the Matsudaira actions (see above).  But after that was resolved, I went back north to defeat the Nagao and take two of their castles before heading back home.

Take note of the castles with little flags at the edge of my territory. You exert little control on those castles.  So the lords you assign there are somewhat autonomous.  Those castles can be assigned to "provinces".  These are autonomous groups of castles which act on their own based on some guidelines you issue to the chosen regent / "governor" (like attack or not attack, attach which castle, focus of construction projects, etc.)

mikeck

Does the assigned castle lord command the troops deployed from that castle?
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

jomni

For castles you own:
Up to you.  You can re assign generals sent to battle.

For autonomous castles:
Yes. Their armies are totally out of your control on the strategic map and have a mind of their own. But based on your issued high level orders. This means you can only change orders once a month. Not on the fly maneivering like other armies. So the actual decision to attack and the actual maneuvering is all up to the AI.

In think there's no escaping this when you grow large. Even if you don't assign the castle to a province,  the assigned lord and his army becomes autonomous.

This means your provincial lords / regents might do stupid things, or get your clan into trouble, and you have to save their butts.

Nefaro

Quote from: mikeck on October 18, 2015, 07:58:10 PM
Does the assigned castle lord command the troops deployed from that castle?

I usually try to appoint a castle commander with decent warfare skills (the two relating to attack & defensive abilities) since commanding that castle's forces is one of the few tasks he can do. 

A general assigned as commander of one of your castles has very few orders he can perform so his command of it's army would still leave the extra generals assigned there free for other orders, such as building improvements.  I figure it's the most efficient use of generals on a per-castle basis.

jomni

High Leadership and Valor for battle commanders. I assign as castle lords.

High Intelligence for the espionage tasks, may keep in main base or large bases.  They are also useful in battle because they help increase chance of night ambush which basically immobilizes the enemy in tactical battles. assign them as sub commander / adjutant of the unit.

High Politics generals take care of construction.

I make sure all frontline bases has at least one general with high LDR and VAL. And one with high POL.

I expanded so fast, I'm running out of generals already.