Tiller Gold Updates

Started by Rayfer, June 30, 2020, 11:05:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayfer

JTS summer sale starts tomorrow.  Are all the Napoleonic games updated with the Gold standard/improved graphics? If only some, which ones?  Thanks. 

ComradeP

Only Waterloo thus far, I believe. It was updated two weeks ago.

The Panzer Campaigns and American Civil War series were updated first.

See this blog post detailing the changes for Waterloo: https://www.wargamedesignstudio.com/2020/05/30/wds-lockdown-update-1/
The fact that these people drew inspiration...and then became chicken farmers - Cyrano, Dragon' Up The Past #45

Rayfer

Quote from: ComradeP on June 30, 2020, 11:17:59 AM
Only Waterloo thus far, I believe. It was updated two weeks ago.

The Panzer Campaigns and American Civil War series were updated first.

See this blog post detailing the changes for Waterloo: https://www.wargamedesignstudio.com/2020/05/30/wds-lockdown-update-1/

Thanks CP....!

Strela

Quote from: Rayfer on June 30, 2020, 11:05:55 AM
JTS summer sale starts tomorrow.  Are all the Napoleonic games updated with the Gold standard/improved graphics? If only some, which ones?  Thanks.

All will be updated over the next couple of months. Anything you buy in the sale will have a patch available in that time frame. An important caveat, only a selection are getting the hand drawn maps in this next round.

David

Rayfer

Quote from: Strela on June 30, 2020, 12:34:56 PM

All will be updated over the next couple of months. Anything you buy in the sale will have a patch available in that time frame. An important caveat, only a selection are getting the hand drawn maps in this next round.

David

Do you know which Napoleonic games are slated to get them?

Strela

Quote from: Rayfer on June 30, 2020, 01:35:51 PM

David

Rich Hamilton (JTS support) posted the following on Facebook;

Eckmuhl likely... Frank is having a bear of a time getting the new 3D maps done for Leipzig... those two plus NRC are the only ones planned to get the newer 3D maps at this point...all the rest will get a 2D overhaul plus engine enhancements...

So I read that as Eckmuhl, Leipzig, Waterloo and Napoleons Russian Campaign. If there is a bump in sales, others will probably be considered as there is a cost involved to get the new maps done.

Rayfer

Quote from: Strela on June 30, 2020, 09:06:33 PM
Quote from: Rayfer on June 30, 2020, 01:35:51 PM

David

Rich Hamilton (JTS support) posted the following on Facebook;

Eckmuhl likely... Frank is having a bear of a time getting the new 3D maps done for Leipzig... those two plus NRC are the only ones planned to get the newer 3D maps at this point...all the rest will get a 2D overhaul plus engine enhancements...

So I read that as Eckmuhl, Leipzig, Waterloo and Napoleons Russian Campaign. If there is a bump in sales, others will probably be considered as there is a cost involved to get the new maps done.

Thanks as ever for the prompt reply.  This helps me decide how to spend my gaming funds!