Solo Boardgames

Started by Bison, March 29, 2012, 03:08:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GJK

I haven't had the chance to play my copy yet, but GMT's "Labyrinth: The War on Terror, 2001 - ?" has a solitaire version added.

See: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/62227/labyrinth-the-war-on-terror-2001
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Bison

Really leaning toward lock and load band of heroes.  I've had it in my nws online cart 3 times now.  Nervous pulling the trigger.

bayonetbrant

^ I think it's a great game.  The only thing I didn't like was the organization of the 2d ed rulebook, but it seems that the 3d ed rulebook has cleaned up many of the issues.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Barthheart

Quote from: bayonetbrant on April 04, 2012, 06:39:29 AM
^ I think it's a great game.  The only thing I didn't like was the organization of the 2d ed rulebook, but it seems that the 3d ed rulebook has cleaned up many of the issues.

Agreed the ver 3.1 rules are much easier to find rules with. Still not up to the ASL rulebook... but not as many rules either.  8)

Bison

Is the version 3 rulebook sold seperately?  I've only seen the 2nd editon LnL box.

Nevermind.  I see what I was missing the 2nd Edition uses Version 3 ruleset.

Barthheart

2nd ed BoH contains the ver 3 rules... confusing yes but that's the way it is.

0kult13

Not a war game but fantasyflights elder sign in superb fun, i have both board/card/dice game and the android version eldar sign omens. Which i might add has a upgrade and new expantion on the way.

son_of_montfort

Quote from: GJK on April 01, 2012, 09:17:54 PM
I haven't had the chance to play my copy yet, but GMT's "Labyrinth: The War on Terror, 2001 - ?" has a solitaire version added.

See: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/62227/labyrinth-the-war-on-terror-2001

The solitaire version of Labyrinth plays more like a math test than a game. I really disliked it (and it's Byzantine flow chart). I wasn't a huge fan of the game in general, but the solo game was monstrous.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Bison

Well I pulled the trigger on LnL Band of Heroes in addition to ASLSK Expansion #1.  I've also downloaded the LnL demo to try and familiarize myself before I get a chance to break open the real deal in a few weeks.

Barthheart

Quote from: Bison on April 05, 2012, 08:02:37 AM
Well I pulled the trigger on LnL Band of Heroes in addition to ASLSK Expansion #1.  I've also downloaded the LnL demo to try and familiarize myself before I get a chance to break open the real deal in a few weeks.

Both are very enjoyable ways to play tactical fire fights. Have fun.
If you have questions for BoH just post and I'll help as I can.

Bison

I watched several LnL youtubes videos over the last few days where the game was played through vassal/skype.  That is something I'd like to look at doing in the future.

Barthheart

Quote from: Bison on April 05, 2012, 08:16:19 AM
I watched several LnL youtubes videos over the last few days where the game was played through vassal/skype.  That is something I'd like to look at doing in the future.

Sure, any time. I think CharlesCab made those vids and they are good learning tools. I'm playing him in some of those.

Bison

twitter3

For something Napoleon (and free) you can look through this...

http://www.labataille.me/Recession_Series_Games.html

I'm in the process of reading up on it and printing off the counters/maps.  Looks very promising.

bob48

Quote from: Bison on April 05, 2012, 08:02:37 AM

Bison, I'll be interested in what you think about LnL system, as I'm pretty tempted as well.

I do have the CoH games, but I want something on a similar game scale but with more scope, which LnL seems to provide, and I'm too old and decrepit to think about going down the ASL route.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!