Main Menu

Windows 7

Started by Philippe, November 13, 2019, 09:50:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philippe

When would be the best time between now and January 14 (when Microsoft stops supporting Windows 7) to buy a new computer?
Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.

History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.

Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

ArizonaTank

The week after Christmas is probably when prices will be best. 

But if you are particular about the specs of your rig, post Xmas sales are often full of the machines that nobody really wanted.

If specs are your thing, then maybe now, since it is pre-black Friday and vendors are stocking up.

However, if you have been squeezing the last drop of life out of a Win 7 machine, probably anything you buy, even from the clearance shelf, will probably blow you away.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

solops

Build your own. Save 35-50%. Anyone can do it now, plenty of "PCs for Idiots" guides out there. Its pretty much just snapping the pieces together now. Newegg sells the stuff and shows you how to do it.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin