Main Menu

Hot For FRIDAY

Started by MetalDog, April 10, 2020, 06:20:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

Folks of a certain age might remember this little ditty fondly. ;)

This weekend will be returning PBEM turns in 4 different Field of Glory:Empires games.  Along with many duels in MtG:Arena.  There will also be Civ IV BtS mp.  A full weekend.  And don't forget the Easter Bunny!  That is, if Covid 19 didn't get him.  Happy Easter, grogs!!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

jamus34

I use to love VH (saw Van Hagar when I was in HS, I believe the Balance tour as the wheels were starting to fall off) how ever they and Aerosmith are two bands that I use to love but now listening them is like nails on a chalkboard.

I still appreciate them but it's hard to listen to them anymore.

Anyway, gaming wise probably some more Oxygen Not Included, The Outer Worlds and Borderlands 3.

On the table I want to try start Legacy of Dragonholt with the Jawas and I should be getting Too Many Bones today for a solo treat.
Insert witty comment here.

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Dammit Carl!

Lol.  Junior High fave for me - and much like anyone else, once I got 1984, I started going through the back catalog of VH stuff and loved it.  Kinda with Jamus34 in that I just can't really enjoy them at this point.

Gaming?  Hah!  What's that?

W8taminute

I had a childhood friend who loved Van Halen.  We'd go over to his house and listen to that album whilst he sparked up a bone.  I never tried though.  Well only if there were girls around who were into that stuff.   8)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

Probably the greatest and most dangerous video a 12 year old boy could ever see.

Probably more Diablo III, and then from there gearing up for some ancients with Field of Glory II, Rome Total War 2: Empire Divided and AssCreed: Odyssey.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: Gusington on April 10, 2020, 08:42:54 AM
Probably the greatest and most dangerous video a 12 year old boy could ever see.

Indeed.  Nod towards ZZ Top's "Legs," too.

Ubercat

"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

twitter3

Great song from middle school years! I think my favorite VH song is Unchained. His guitar to open that song rocks.

As for gaming this weekend, I will be playing Crown of Glory: EE to go along with a book I'm reading on Napoleon's Polish Campaign.

W8taminute

Quote from: Ubercat on April 10, 2020, 09:34:50 AM
Quote from: W8taminute on April 10, 2020, 08:11:22 AM
...sparked up a bone...

Do I want to know what that means?

Sounds like you're too young to know what that means.   :)

It's not something vulgar but I'm sure there a few old timers here that would know what I'm talking about.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

I can't believe there is someone here who doesn't know what it means.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Anguille

Been playing more than usual these days!

Just completed a full Campaign of Aggressor: Ancient Rome (being the Ptolemic Empire) but lost to Rome (Carhage was the other big nation). Was encouraged to dive again into this game as i am doing some translation and testing for the sequel: Imperiums.

Also played a lot of Interstellar: Space Genesis, nice game.

Plan for the weekend:

- Polaris Sector
- Napoleon: Total War

Maybe some Stellaris.

Also will do some testing of Ten Crowns.

airboy

Quote from: Anguille on April 10, 2020, 11:14:50 AM
Been playing more than usual these days!

Just completed a full Campaign of Aggressor: Ancient Rome (being the Ptolemic Empire) but lost to Rome (Carhage was the other big nation). Was encouraged to dive again into this game as i am doing some translation and testing for the sequel: Imperiums.

Also played a lot of Interstellar: Space Genesis, nice game.

Plan for the weekend:

- Polaris Sector
- Napoleon: Total War

Maybe some Stellaris.

Also will do some testing of Ten Crowns.

Rome has better troops than every other nation.  You have to knock them out of the game pretty early to have a chance to win a military victory.

airboy

We will finish up Secrets of the Lost Tomb.

Ubercat

Quote from: W8taminute on April 10, 2020, 09:53:19 AM
Quote from: Ubercat on April 10, 2020, 09:34:50 AM
Quote from: W8taminute on April 10, 2020, 08:11:22 AM
...sparked up a bone...

Do I want to know what that means?

Sounds like you're too young to know what that means.   :)

It's not something vulgar but I'm sure there a few old timers here that would know what I'm talking about.

I guess that 52 wouldn't count as old-timer in this case.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell