MERCS: Recon Kickstarter

Started by Barthheart, April 16, 2014, 12:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silent Disapproval Robot

That's my other concern.  I've only played the game once.  I enjoyed it but I don't know how much play I'd get out of it.  Also, the collector's ed has a much larger map.  Too big for my gaming table by more than 30cm so it'd have to be played at a store.  Then I'd be paranoid about it getting damaged.  (Most of my maps have little grease stains on the bottom from little chip crumbs or whatever that are impossible to see on the store's play mats.)

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Nefaro on June 05, 2016, 12:08:48 PM
I always expect Kickstarter games to be late.  It's just a question of how long & whether that length is acceptable.

I've only backed a few.  They were all late, although a couple of them arrived only 1-2 months late.   

A high percentage of them end up being a year or more overdue, however.  So I tend to just wait & pre-order on the month they're actually scheduled to come out, once the printing is done.

Think I'm only waiting on one KS boardgame at this point ( the new High Frontier edition).  It's been about an extra year from their original target delivery date & who knows how much longer.  I've seen some people complaining about ones that took 3+ years though.  ???

Scythe is miraculously shipping now. Due in Canada by about mid-July, which puts it a solid month ahead of schedule. All of which is quite stunning, really.

bayonetbrant

I was sooooo tempted by that one, but in the end it all just looked a little too fiddly for me to expect a reliable audience to play with around here.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers