Introducing TASK FORCE ADMIRAL Vol.1: American Carrier Battles

Started by The_Admiral, October 11, 2019, 12:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Admiral

Hey Daestrex,

sorry gotta go to bed on this side of the world  :hide:
But don't force them 10 pages of updates on yourself - if you want a good start have a look at the piece we had with Tim Stone over at RPS, it should help with a lot of the questions you asked.
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2020/02/14/the-flare-path-talks-task-force-admiral/

After that you can have a look at Magz' video on our stuff here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87K1vY79_2c

I'll be back for those questions these two affairs didn't answer thoroughly already  O0

Cheers  :coolsmiley:

rocketman

Very interesting interview in RPS. I am impressed with the level of 3D damage/simulation models. A sweet feature in the game could be some kind of AAR or "battleground forensics" where all damage to ships are displayed and what those hits lead to and what was the deciding factor that sunk the ship.

Toonces

Just read the RPS article.  Nothing not to like in there.  I think including a scenario editor is absolutely key to mitigating any huff about "only" ~30 scenarios.  With an editor the potential is really infinite.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Destraex

Quote from: The_Admiral on June 23, 2020, 09:22:31 AM
Hey Daestrex,

sorry gotta go to bed on this side of the world  :hide:
But don't force them 10 pages of updates on yourself - if you want a good start have a look at the piece we had with Tim Stone over at RPS, it should help with a lot of the questions you asked.
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2020/02/14/the-flare-path-talks-task-force-admiral/

After that you can have a look at Magz' video on our stuff here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87K1vY79_2c

I'll be back for those questions these two affairs didn't answer thoroughly already  O0

Cheers  :coolsmiley:

Thanks Cobber,

Will give them a burl later.

Cheers.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

The_Admiral

Artsy time for those of you who would be men of taste in the audience  :peace:

I always thought them Vals looked better in green  :coolsmiley:

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

The Val was my favorite in Battlehawks 1942 on the Amiga ❤️

I also always loved the Stuka and the Bf110 - I have a thing for dive bombers and big nasty slow planes with heavy armor and cannon.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

The Japanese, like the Russians, make some beautiful airplanes for sure.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

IICptMillerII

I've been in a real WWII funk recently, but I have to say Mr. The_Admiral (or is that sir to me?) all these teasers and your game in general is really pulling me back! The more we see of this game the more I want it. It seriously looks fantastic!

Gusington

^That's Sir to you er uh...Sir [technically you are a Sir to me, if you are indeed a CPT in real life...I will take you at your word].

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

IICptMillerII

Ha fair enough!

No, I'm not actually a captain, so no need to 'Sir' me. The name is a childhood holdover that I decided to stick with for nostalgia purposes. Consider it a ceremonial title haha.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

"Sir Gus". Kind of sounds like, 'Circus' doesn't it? Appropriate?  ::)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

The_Admiral

Hello there boys!

Hope you're all doing fine.
Here's an update with the contents from the last few weeks, before we end up compiling the mandatory dev update some time soon, hopefully.

Unfortunately I didn't put all this on Youtube just yet - I will make a full video later. In the meantime please enjoy our Thach-Weave based shenanigans with the AI by clicking on the following thumbnails (and please tell me if that goddam thing works at all...)

Thanks! ^^

Cheers! And have a fine weekend boys!