Main Menu

Gear City

Started by DennisS, June 05, 2014, 05:05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W8taminute

Quote from: Capn Darwin on June 07, 2014, 09:12:31 PM
:tickedoff: you guys are killin' my budget...grabbed it...now I just need time to play it. ::)

Ditto.   :)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: W8taminute on June 07, 2014, 09:48:02 PM
Quote from: Capn Darwin on June 07, 2014, 09:12:31 PM
:tickedoff: you guys are killin' my budget...grabbed it...now I just need time to play it. ::)

Ditto.   :)

It is only $12:)  Can't break the bank with that kind of cost:)

DennisS

I love the graph that shows your total sales, by vehicle, over the lifetime of your company.

My 1913 model Phaeton rocketed to 40 thousand units in one year!!!

Because I am a numbers guy, I have set up a spreadsheet, and am inputting monthly sales for all vehicles. I should have started this when I started the game.

I believe my best vehicle has sold about ... 115k units, at an average profit of just over $1800 each. Not too shabby!!!

I invested in an enormous company, vastly larger than myself, and I now own about 4% of his stock. I am just too timid to rapidly expand like he has. I am still just a regional company, with 12 cities, and it is 1920. Each turn is taking a little bit longer than the last..as there are more reports to evaluate, more decisions to make.

I tell you, though, when it becomes apparent that a car has reached the end of the road, you'll know it. Sales drop faster than Miley Cyrus' shorts.

tgb

-budd-

I broke last night and bought the damn game and that was after an utter and complete fail playing the demo. 20 cars sold in 3 years...WTF. Couldn't figure it out until I read the reviews of my 2 models, read something basically like " don't buy this fu**ing model" apparently there wasn't one redeeming feature about my 2 models. I'm blaming it on an outdated demo ;D
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

tgb

I couldn't even get the demo to work properly and I'm still considering getting this.  What's wrong with me?

-budd-

There some fixes i believe posted on the main forum.

http://www.ventdev.com/forums/

and the steam forums have some helpful stuff.   
http://steamcommunity.com/app/285110/discussions/

hope you get it running.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

DennisS

I just hit a wall, and the wall is named the Great Depression.

Apparently, the historical accuracy of this game is very good. So much for building two huge new factories, in 1929. Oops.

Next game, attempt number two, I will husband cash, and fire everyone that doesn't have huge boobs, and ride it out.

I left a post for the developer, asking for a more dynamic economy. Not fun, when you know 29 years in advance that your effed.

Gusington

Every game ends in the same year? Or can you adjust ending years as well?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

DennisS

Quote from: Gusington on June 08, 2014, 03:53:37 PM
Every game ends in the same year? Or can you adjust ending years as well?

Game ends in 2020, every time.

This is 120 years of 12 turns each, or 1,440 turns. This is a lot of turns. My first game, stopped in about 1930, took about ten hours. Each turn was taking a little longer, as my little company got progressively larger. This game is like Civ V, on marathon mode. You will not feel cheated on the game play duration.

I never did get beyond five factories, four models, and about 15 dealerships. I was very much a regional company. Better players than I would have had this into the low hundreds, for sure.

My best car sold about 80k units a year..I saw one AI car sell six times that. I didn't expand exponentially.

I cannot imagine 34 different vehicles, each with three trim levels or so, selling in 279 different cities, with about 60 different factories.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: tgb on June 08, 2014, 02:38:59 PM
I couldn't even get the demo to work properly and I'm still considering getting this.  What's wrong with me?

Demo is a couple versions behind current release....developer said released is much more stable....I had an easier time with the steam version myself....no issues so far with crashes and such.

tgb

Is anyone else finding that you have to click on a button repeatedly before it "takes" and the game responds?  That can really suck all the enjoyment out of it.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: tgb on June 08, 2014, 05:57:43 PM
Is anyone else finding that you have to click on a button repeatedly before it "takes" and the game responds?  That can really suck all the enjoyment out of it.

I have seen this with a couple options on setup screen...have to "hit just right".  Hasn't been too bad for me though.

tgb

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on June 08, 2014, 06:02:12 PM

I have seen this with a couple options on setup screen...have to "hit just right".  Hasn't been too bad for me though.

And I've had it on almost every screen. Having to repeated click on a button a dozen times before the chosen option actually appears is not fun.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: tgb on June 08, 2014, 06:14:00 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on June 08, 2014, 06:02:12 PM

And I've had it on almost every screen. Having to repeated click on a button a dozen times before the chosen option actually appears is not fun.

I have the full game so maybe has been improved since demo...just a possibility