Main Menu

Gear City

Started by DennisS, June 05, 2014, 05:05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric.B

No that's the minimum resolution... Odd it works perfectly fine on my box... It's only when I have it on 1600x1200 that it messes up for me.
Did you lower sensitivity to zero?

Was the color of the button changing? Maybe I need to lower the click time instead of increasing click time...
Try to change the speed of your "click" and see if that helps... Let me know so I can adjust it.

Eric.B

Or actually, I'm a complete Idiot... I forgot to include the lib file that I changed in the steam update...  :idiot2:
Give me a few minutes and I'll fix that

EDIT: Updated, now try!

Ian C

Seven years later and this is out of Early Access.

Not a wargame, but possibly the most in-depth business simulator ever. 1900-2020 and it does cover business during historical wars.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/285110/GearCity/

Tutorial Playlist
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDJnuK8hvkk&list=PL1Qy-Pj_RIRvRkajKTI9bsut_ZXJ6eqWn

Gusington

I am a car nerd, but I think the economic side of it would probably kick my ass.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

7 years of first access....ought to be limits as that seems like pretty excessive:)

al_infierno

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on January 17, 2022, 01:27:54 PM
7 years of first access....ought to be limits as that seems like pretty excessive:)

My sweet summer child :)  Look at Project Zomboid - Early Access since 2013

I don't really understand your argument, do you think at a certain point devs should be forced to "release" regardless of the state of the game?

Anyway, this game looks cool but I'm certain every aspect of it would kick my ass.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: al_infierno on January 17, 2022, 01:44:29 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on January 17, 2022, 01:27:54 PM

My sweet summer child :)  Look at Project Zomboid - Early Access since 2013

I don't really understand your argument, do you think at a certain point devs should be forced to "release" regardless of the state of the game?

Anyway, this game looks cool but I'm certain every aspect of it would kick my ass.

Not what I said to release if not ready.  Think should be closer to ready than 7 years away from release to be first access.  Technology changes in that type of duration .  And yea I realize nobody forced to purchase while in first access, just think it should be closer to completion than 7 years.

Gusington

Was browsing Steam for similar games and Automation is the closest I found...and early adopters were saying the same thing as Grim about the game being in development for 5+ years, tech changes, etc.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Gusington on January 17, 2022, 01:55:22 PM
Was browsing Steam for similar games and Automation is the closest I found...and early adopters were saying the same thing as Grim about the game being in development for 5+ years, tech changes, etc.

Yep, thanks and that was just my thought.  I totally realize nobody ever has to purchase first access, just seemed a little long.  In fact so long that forgot I owned it:)

W8taminute

I too purchase this a long time ago when it first came out on early access. 
Totally got bored with the game that I too forgot I had it until I saw the announcement on Steam that it has gone gold. 

I might have to re-install and see how much has been done.   :)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

Seven years is definitely a long, long time Grim.

I've been looking for a car manufacturing game forever too but with the 'robust economic component' here it sounds a lot more like work than I would like.

Other than Automation I didn't really see anything else similar. Any recommendations welcome.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

steve58

nvm.  Nothing to see here.  Move along now....
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Skoop

A similar game you might like on steam is automation.  I wish listed it cause you could run a car company and design your own cars and such.  Here's the the kicker, the game links with beamNG which is a physics engine sandbox.  So cars you design in automation could be driven in the 3D sandbox of beamNG.  Never pulled the trigger on it though as I'm just too content with the stuff I do at the moment, but the concept seemed so cool in theory.  Probably find stuff on YouTube about it.