Main Menu

HA! I finished it!

Started by MetalDog, February 11, 2015, 11:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

^It's like clockwork, every time.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

With mine it's always something very deep thinking-required like WitE or Decisive Campaigns. I sit down, totally quiet, nothing going on, and that's when the phone rings, somebody comes to the door, the grandkids show-up and my Wife wants to show me something on Facebook.  #:-)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

W8taminute

Oh boy.  Sounds like I'm not the only one then. 

All I'll say is that my face may be smiling as I say "yes dear, I would be happy to help" but inside my brain is raging with anger saying something like "I've got 10,000 men on the field right now and they're being flanked and you want me to abandon them to peel potatoes!!".   :D
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Sir Slash

I always say something like, "Yes Dear, but do the potatoes really WANT to be peeled? Afterall, you're cutting off their eyes when you do that". It doesn't work but it confuses her enough for me to skate a while longer.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

I just give the stink eye, like this  >:(

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Both good answers gentlemen!
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

Finished the short but excellent Call of Duty - Black Ops - Cold War single player campaign this weekend. It has some great choices to make at the very end. Enjoyed it a lot while it both took my mind off current events and laser focused them, simultaneously   :uglystupid2:

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

Just finished the main campaign for Metro Exodus. Great game, excellent if tragic and sad ending. Watching the credits scroll by, sobering to see the amount of Ukrainians, Russians, Poles, etc., on the production team :/

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

jamus34

I finished Horizon Zero Dawn and the DLC.

Great game overall and I highly recommend. I have already started on Forbidden West. The sequel cribs heavily from Witcher 3 from my early first impressions.
Insert witty comment here.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

jamus34

Quote from: Gusington on March 18, 2022, 08:42:30 AM
Witcher 3 you say?

I guess I should clarify my statement that the overall feel reminds me of Witcher 3.

The overall gameplay mechanics feel a lot like Witcher 3. Crafting is done at workbenches now, food as a temporary buff was added, a stash mechanic was added to help with inventory overflow. They added a mini game that plays more like Chess than Gwent but still a mini game. Also a long intro / prologue.

I haven't done much in the way of actual quests yet but I have a feeling they might follow a similar format. The game is definitely laying in on the exploration model more than the last one.

Plus the game is absolutely stunning on the PS5.

Alas the game is currently only on PS4 / PS5 but if they ported the old one I can't imagine they wouldn't port the new one eventually.

Gusington

I know many players had issues with the combat and UI of Witcher 3 but I loved them both. You put Horizon Zero Dawn on my radar :)

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

jamus34

Quote from: Gusington on March 18, 2022, 09:59:18 AM
I know many players had issues with the combat and UI of Witcher 3 but I loved them both. You put Horizon Zero Dawn on my radar :)

It's a good game but different feel from the sequel. All the things I noted are from the sequel.

That said, the sequel starts right after the end of the first game so there's going to be a ton of backstory you won't know without beating it.

I don't want to call the gameplay unique but it's definitely a different flavor than most of the open world games. Let's just say that it actually feels like hunting giant mechanical animals. If you try to go toe to toe with them you will get stomped. Even the smaller machine can easily overwhelm you.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd