Main Menu

Ready or Not

Started by Jarhead0331, April 29, 2021, 05:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Dero

https://california18.com/ready-or-not-beats-everyone-on-steam-the-best-selling-pc-game-this-christmas/2306292021/

Although the title is offered at full price (€ 35.99) in a phase dominated by the Steam Christmas Sale, the shooter no longer published by Team17 surprisingly places itself at the top of the weekly ranking of the best-selling titles on the Valve store.

al_infierno

Sounds to me like T17 picked the wrong time to part ways.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

DetCord

I'm already modding it. Still have a long way to go with regards to the uniforms and weapons.

But I have been working on the ballistic shield and battering ram. WIP example for the shield in spec, normal and DEF textures.

DetCord

Finished the OPSC helmet, added custom team markings and patches (each team member has custom patches), weathered the helmets/gear and retextured them, retextured the MSA sets, added custom normals and specs to the helmets/rams/shields, AO's and the like, etc etc etc. Still a long way to go on the uniforms. Haven't even started.

al_infierno

A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

DetCord

A bunch of people have profiled my mod but I just quite liked this one. This video didn't get a lot of views, but I did enjoy the presenter this time round.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m55i0bhMSBs&t=206s

FBI-CIRG: https://www.nexusmods.com/readyornot/mods/462

DEA-SRT: https://www.nexusmods.com/readyornot/mods/271

al_infierno

Newest update for RoN looks incredible.  Hugely overhauled AI, they now take proper cover and can hide in closets & under beds, play dead, and seem to have overall more unpredictable behavior.

- MengJiao

Jarhead0331

It actually looks like it might be too hard.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

al_infierno

^ I'd be willing to bet the playtesters were softballing the bots a bit to make them look better, but yeah it does look intense.  I won't be surprised if it takes a while to tweak it for optimum difficulty.  Suspects playing dead especially seems like it could be possibly very hard to balance

- MengJiao

Silent Disapproval Robot

Pepperball everything in the face.  (I kinda already do that anyway.)

Jarhead0331

Quote from: al_infierno on June 05, 2022, 03:33:56 PM
^ I'd be willing to bet the playtesters were softballing the bots a bit to make them look better, but yeah it does look intense.  I won't be surprised if it takes a while to tweak it for optimum difficulty.  Suspects playing dead especially seems like it could be possibly very hard to balance

That and springing ambushes from closets, under beds and tables, etc..."when nobody is looking"!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Sigwolf

Now it's been pulled from Steam, apparently over a nightclub level added on the anniversary of the Pulse shooting.

al_infierno

Well, that's just stupid.  The nightclub level isn't even publicly available, it's only part of a supporter-only beta branch.

- MengJiao