Strategic War at sea

Started by crowdrake, December 28, 2021, 05:15:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crowdrake

Quote from: W8taminute on January 17, 2022, 10:05:19 AM
Very interesting game.  I noticed that there is no sound to those videos you posted.  In any case I've got this on my watchlist.   :)

hi, I have not got a video recorder that adds sound, but the game only has basic gunfire sounds, getting sound thats royalty frree can be a problem, the rule is if you dont make it dont use it.

bobarossa

Here are a few free ones.  Checked license and looks like you can use them.
https://mixkit.co/free-sound-effects/warfare/

crowdrake

Quote from: bobarossa on January 17, 2022, 02:44:52 PM
Here are a few free ones.  Checked license and looks like you can use them.
https://mixkit.co/free-sound-effects/warfare/

Thanks thats really interesting,

crowdrake

crowdrake

crowdrake

crowdrake

made it lowDef and HighDef from 1024x768 to 1920x1080 and even above. also I updated the android version.

Toonces

Hey Crowdrake, I had some time this evening to try to install the android version of your game but I couldn't get it to install.  I'm using a Kindle Fire 10, and they can be pretty finicky about installing apps that don't come from the Amazon appstore. 

I'll do some Googling and see if there's a workaround I missed, but unfortunately I don't think it's going to install properly on my tablet.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

crowdrake

Quote from: Toonces on January 25, 2022, 09:50:02 PM
Hey Crowdrake, I had some time this evening to try to install the android version of your game but I couldn't get it to install.  I'm using a Kindle Fire 10, and they can be pretty finicky about installing apps that don't come from the Amazon appstore. 

I'll do some Googling and see if there's a workaround I missed, but unfortunately I don't think it's going to install properly on my tablet.

Thanks Toonces for trying,I think you have a setting to allow inknown sources, and its the APK file you install not the zip,  it works on my emulator but in the real world I dont know, and I think it compiled for android 11 so I dont know if that will work either, not got an android device so i cant test but thanks again Toonces

Toonces

I was able to unzip it with a RAR app, but after I try to install it does the little line like it's installing but then says, "App did not install" or "not installed" or something of that nature.

I Googled it last night and I think you're right that it might be a permissions setting.  I'll try messing with it some more and see if that's it and report back.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

crowdrake

Quote from: Toonces on January 26, 2022, 12:38:36 PM
I was able to unzip it with a RAR app, but after I try to install it does the little line like it's installing but then says, "App did not install" or "not installed" or something of that nature.

I Googled it last night and I think you're right that it might be a permissions setting.  I'll try messing with it some more and see if that's it and report back.

I found this for a fire tablet 8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r15krpONc9Y   

it may work