Medieval II: Total War - Remastered?

Started by Gusington, January 19, 2022, 12:48:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Sounds like a definite possibility according to 'The Terminator' for what is probably my favorite PC game of all time  <:-)

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

One of my favorites too...fingers crossed it happens.  Now I must confess, immediately bought the Rome remastered, but haven't played a single time.  Nothing wrong with the game, maybe I more bought out of nostalgia versus something I would actually play again after all these years.

Gusington

I put about *checks steam* 28 hours into the Rome TW remaster and can say I still enjoy it a lot.

One caveat to my excitement for a Medieval II remaster is that I hope remasters do not take precedence over releasing brand new games like a Medieval III TW.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

^I love 1212. However the last update was not automatic and I had to reinstall with the latest model pack. I am going to jump back into it with a campaign as Wallachia.

In the meantime I have been playing the 1100AD mod as Kievan Rus and it is also excellent. And while not as ambitious as 1212, it runs much better because it is based on the Rome 2 TW engine and not Attila.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Yeah, I agree with Gus.  1212 is amazing. 

It's honestly just as good or better than anything we'd get from CA at this point.

I don't know if any Medieval III they'd make nowadays would be in that style. 

That said, I'd get a Medieval II remaster day one.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

^1100AD for Rome 2 is also worth your time if you enjoy the era.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

The Turkish Monster Bombard may be my all-time favorite TW unit.  :smitten:  I don't think anything could take it's place. I'm happy to see this old classic game getting all the love it's getting today.  :clap:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bobarossa

Quote from: Gusington on January 19, 2022, 03:28:11 PM
^1100AD for Rome 2 is also worth your time if you enjoy the era.
I loaded up and started 1100AD the other night. Hadn't played a TW game since Medieval 2.  Wow has it changed. Had no idea what to  do.  May have to watch a tutorial.   I hate tutorials.   Way too slow an information uptake. Prefer manuals.

Gusington

I also remember the Turkish Monster Bombard very fondly and no that is not a euphemism.

Bobarossa the mod is worth your time. Wait until you try Attila and see the new mechanics in there, like razing cities.

Now that I think about it...players can raze cities in 1100AD as well. I rarely do it.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

I'll have to try 1100. 

I watched it in development but never tried it because I got distracted by the later games.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

^I didn't even know about it until last week.

1100AD vs 1212AD is the 2022 TW modding version of the rumble in the jungle.

1212 probably wins out of sheer audacity and ambition but 1100 is a worthy opponent :)

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

I just discovered "Chivalry Total War" a mod for RTW: Remastered.  The Terminator has an excellent playthrough video of it and I started a game last night. 

Good stuff from what I see so far.

As for a MTW2: Remaster I'm all in.  MTW2 is not my all time Total War favorite but it's up there due to several excellent mods for it.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

^Also just found out about the Chivalry TW mod today for RTW - saw some bug reports, etc., on Steam but what say you?

I really would love a medieval mod that has a later start date, like 1300AD-1400AD or so. 1212 is planning this but it's not implemented yet.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

That 1212 mod looks pretty interesting.  Installing now...

Count me in for a M2TW Remaster.  However, it will likely break all the great mods that exist for vanilla.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs