Medieval II: Total War - Remastered?

Started by Gusington, January 19, 2022, 12:48:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

^Modders'll remake them, if the mod activity for Rome Remastered is any indication.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

Just got a first look at the 1212 mod.  Wow, it looks spectacular!
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

There's also some excellent new mods for Attila out, the Age of Justinian 555 Mod looks good and the veteran modder who did it also has a new mod for The Last Roman DLC called, The Age of Belisarius. He plans to link them together along with a later age mod to cover the 500's to 600's and the rise of Islam. 
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

FlickJax

My 1212 keeps crashing, I can start a campaign but then not continue it :(

W8taminute

Quote from: Gusington on January 19, 2022, 05:10:37 PM
^Also just found out about the Chivalry TW mod today for RTW - saw some bug reports, etc., on Steam but what say you?

I really would love a medieval mod that has a later start date, like 1300AD-1400AD or so. 1212 is planning this but it's not implemented yet.

I've only played about 10 turns of it but so far no bugs encountered.  At least not on the strategic map.  Haven't tried a battle yet.

Quote from: Toonces on January 19, 2022, 07:02:23 PM
That 1212 mod looks pretty interesting.  Installing now...

Count me in for a M2TW Remaster.  However, it will likely break all the great mods that exist for vanilla.

Good point about breaking mods for vanilla.  I hope that they would update those mods for a remastered MTW2.

Quote from: FlickJax on January 20, 2022, 05:22:54 AM
My 1212 keeps crashing, I can start a campaign but then not continue it :(

I've run into that as well.  I also noticed that there was an update last night to the workshop item.  You may want to try starting a new campaign. 

Another thing to try is rebooting your system after a 1212 Atilla crash.  It helped me continue a campaign I had started but ultimately had to abandon due to the 1212 update from last week.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

FlickJax also check the order that your mods are installed in the mod manager and make sure they are in the correct order. Although that wasn't the cause of my campaign lock-up a few weeks ago it is common to not have all the parts in the correct order sometimes.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

The DEI Mod for Rome 2 has an enormous update in the works--good thing. But requires at present you start a new campaign to use it-- very bad thing. I hope they fix this before it goes out of beta.  :hide:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.