Main Menu

X-Plane 12

Started by steve58, November 16, 2022, 03:04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

Looks great, not sure my rig would be able to do it justice.  There is a demo, so I may download it and give it a try after we unpack (we just moved into a new house so I'm not sure where my joystick is at the moment).

https://www.x-plane.com/

https://www.x-plane.com/kb/x-plane-12-system-requirements/
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Jarhead0331

This has been available for awhile now and I actually decided to skip over it. It doesn't seem like too much of a leap beyond X-Plane 11, and since I'm not a flight model snob, I don't think it pays for me to jump on it just yet.

If anybody does get it though, I'd be really interested in thoughts, impressions and comparisons to MSFS2020, which itself just got a major update.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

steve58

eh, I guess I'm a little under-informed since my internet access has been a bit throttled the last 10 months or so while my wife and I lived in one of her sisters bedrooms...
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I love sisters who share.  ^-^
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

GDS_Starfury

Quoteand since I'm not a flight model snob

???
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on November 17, 2022, 02:01:30 AM
Quoteand since I'm not a flight model snob

???

Xplane is known for having the most accurate flight model of all the major commercial sims. People who prefer Xplane over MSFS always seem to point this out to justify their position. This just isn't too important to me. As long as the model is believable, I'm cool with it. I won't be performing any arithmetic to determine how realistic the flow of air over control surfaces is on a 737.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Skoop

I passed on this Xplane, it's become too much to keep up with all the sims, one had to get cut.  As time rolls by I may eventually cut prepar3d as well and just stay with msfs for all my civi commercial flying.  I put 40 hours into msfs over the summer when the pmdg 737 released, but dcs has pretty much soaked up all my time. 

Skoop

Also, with the really well done Hercules mod in dcs that is soon to be a payware official 3rd party module, you could do large body cargo hauling in dcs.  If you have flown on the grayflag servers, it's a requirement that players have the Hercules mod and it's kind of a Courtesy that people truck supplies around with hercs as the dynamic mission won't advance with out logi support.

Redwolf

I always thought that XP 11 was a step down from XP 10. Not eager to maybe repeat the X-perience.