Main Menu

Sweet Home Friday

Started by Tripoli, September 17, 2021, 06:33:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Gonna fire up Dark Souls III right now - have some unexpected free time.

Prey has been on my list forever as well...have not bought it yet.

Stay away from The Wife Slash until we have this sorted out.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

solops

Fallen Enchantress.
Maybe some Rule the Waves.
Wife went to Houston for a wedding shower, so I am bachelorizing. Been married 38 years and she still has not dumped me. Go figure.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Gusington

I don't have a game controller so I am playing with keyboard + mouse in Dark Souls...I figured out most of the controls but can't for the life of me figure out how to read any of the in-game messages. Anyone have a hint? None of the keys I've tried so far work.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

al_infierno

Ended up playing through Bloodwash.  Great little indie horror game with a sorta PS1 Silent Hill / Resident Evil aesthetic.  The first part is sort of a walking simulator with atmosphere building and clue finding, and the second part has you getting chased by a knife-brandishing maniac in a dark basement.  Unlike most horror games, you actually have a gun and the point is to kill the monster -- not just run away.  I beat the game in about an hour, but it was a nice little horror experience.  A few minor jumpscares, but it's not like Five Nights at Freddy's where that's what the game is based all around.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Dammit Carl!

Had a nice week doing bridge stuff in the lovely north country of NC but zero - absolute zero - internet capacity at the hotel.  Fellow can only watch so much Hallmark Channel and enjoy Baileys before he wants to blow some stuff up.

Anyhoo, back at the homestead and currently downloading the public test server stuff for World of Warships, so looking forward to that as well as focusing on the Recon missions in World of Tanks.  Seems I'm back with the ol' girls for a bit before I wander off to other games again.

Have fun folks, and see you out there.

Jarhead0331

Playing some RogueTech, Aragami 2 and DCS...new update and dicking around with the F-104 Starfighter mod.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

How is Aragami 2? I liked the first one.

Tried Dark Souls III for about an hour and got tired of wrestling with the controls. Also became disenchanted with a Fallen Enchantress - just looks very dated to my eyes. Got bored with Dying Light too. Maybe entering a funk?

So I installed Outlast 2 (loved the first one) and Phasmaphobia. Thinking of buying a Crusader Kings III as well.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

It could be worse than that Gus. Since we're both short and married the same year.....could we actually be the same person?  :o  If so, then it's your turn to mow the grass this week.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

I...I mowed yesterday.

Guess it's settled then. Nice to meet...me.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd