Dom 3 slow game (2 day turnaround)[closed]

Started by Yskonyn, March 04, 2013, 01:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yskonyn

"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

undercovergeek

lol - there must be some reason why these 2 literally faded out whilst others dont

:(

Yskonyn

Perhaps it's because of the frequent changes in interval times couples with the longer default interval times for this game, which made turns flow VERY slow oftentimes. You run the risk of people forgetting / losing interest or not keeping track of the interval times this way I found.
Best thing is just a steady flow of 24 to 36 hours, but with my job that is pretty much unrealistic.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Haerdalas

I wanted to test my army against Ctis... ah well.

parone

wow.  I thought we'd check with other players before we put the old 'stake through the heart'.

I had actually just reached construction8 and had armies ready for fairie trod/stygian path, not to mention I was on Bogarus' door step.

might have been nasty attacking those mage filled citadels.

I will also always wonder how we would have faired against an army the size of Nef's undead tree men.  that would have been epic, trying to take him on, especially if mudguard was in on the fight.  undead counters are a lot different than what haerdalas could have thrown up.

oh well :)

Yskonyn

If you guys really want to play on and I made a bad call here, then send in your .2h files to me and I will manually continue the game.
I am sorry if you feel I pulled the plug too soon.

Haerdalas

The biggest army I had running around had about 400 skinshifters, which act as tanks to my 30 or so combat mages who spam storm-enhanced thunder strikes every turn. The AoE damage is staggering. Not too sure how it would do against an SC, but I had other plans for those.

I could definitely continue playing if the others will.

parone

I guess the question is:  does bron/nef want to stay at it?  bronwell has fought hard, and has assets remaining, but it's not looking good for him long term, so he may be done.

nef has said his turns are taking a long time, so he may not want to soldier on.

i'm game to continue, but I don't know how that would work now that the game has been closed on llama?

and haerdalas, your strat would have worked on me:  Thunderstrike is absolutely the bane of my existence.  I F-ing HATE that spell!!!

Nefaro

I'm ready to toss in the towel unless any of you want to end it in a blaze of glory.  I was just getting ready to go on the attack to decide my own fate, one way or the other. 

I have doubts as to whether it would've ended up well for me, once the initial push was done.  For one thing, my magic research started off extremely slow and I don't think it every quite caught back up.  Aside from a couple full-army defensive buffs, there wasn't many other magic tricks up my sleeve.  Although one of them was the one that gives some resistance to all elemental damage types to the whole army. 

My best bet was to use the Nature spell that would teleport a commander and all his troops to a target forest province.  Send out Pan armies to teleport behind the lines & attack, along with my Carrion Dragon & his own.  I also had a Treelord, three or four Ettins kitted out, and had been summoning a steady amount of Trolls for some extra army beefcake.  Really don't know how those Ettins would've fared since I only had Construction-4 researched.  Good enough for a pair of Fire/Frost brands apiece, along with heavy armor, the luck shield, horror helm, and regen.

parone

crap.

well, honestly, now that we've all laid our plans out, it probably wouldn't be as much fun.  but that would have been fun to try and deal with that.

my armies are all bite, no tail(they are all on the offensive vs bogarus, leaving the home guard short handed).

I DID have some counters cooked up for you nef, but im not sure how they'd have worked, particularly with that level of mobility/kitted ettins.

and if haerdalus were attacking at the same time :o

oh well.  let's chalk this one up to a well played draw.  no winners, no losers.

gg all.

Haerdalas

I can accept that, though it does seems a shame.

Phobos

No offense, but there is only one, maybe two gamers I know in meatspace, that I would trust to remain impartial while hosting a game they are also playing.  I will not be participating if anyone decides to host the continuing game, unless a 3rd party takes over the administrative duties. 

Yskonyn

Caelum poses no threat whatsoever in this game anymore.
We are fighting a war on two fronts and have little manpower. We lost one of our cities 2 turns ago and have only 2 left.
I am ready to toss in the towel, just like Nef.

I want to apologise again for just closing the game without proper communication.
I thought the game suffered from a lack of interest of pretty much anyone involved at this point. Not in a negative way, mind you. I already thought it was all too clear how the cards were held (especially after the ranking reveal a little earlier) and we were in a state of 'oh well, so that was that'.
The slow posting in this thread was another indicator for me. Incorrectly so it seems. So again, sorry. It was bad hostmanship on my part, but I hope you guys would like to play again.

We cannot restart this game on Llama. So the collecting, processing and sending of new turns would be a manual affair from this point onwards. Not something I am looking forward to do, but as a stretched out hand I am willing to keep on hosting to make up for my blunt error.

Haerdalas

I dont think that will be necessary. Though I am willing to continue, I think people have agreed to a draw now.

parone

Quote from: Phobos on August 21, 2013, 11:28:54 AM
No offense, but there is only one, maybe two gamers I know in meatspace, that I would trust to remain impartial while hosting a game they are also playing.  I will not be participating if anyone decides to host the continuing game, unless a 3rd party takes over the administrative duties.

is this a joke?  how could somebody influence a game they admin?

admins are people who volunteer their time to make games happen for others.

that is just an asshole statement.