Main Menu

Maps!

Started by bayonetbrant, January 23, 2014, 11:24:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

steve58

Well, my wife and I were thinking of moving to Tennessee, but now  >:(

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Barthheart

steve58

^If that is in US $s, then its time you moved south :crazy2:
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Barthheart

Nah, thems Canuck bucks.... but still.
Beer taxes in Ontario, where I am, are something like 300% higher than in NY State, which is an hours drive from my house. 
#:-)

Staggerwing

Now I know why the Newfies all drink home made screetch.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

steve58

Lotti Fuehrscheim

The Portolan map of Dulcert AD 1339

Sailors from Genoa and other Mediaeval naval trading cities had pretty good maps.

Here is one from AD 1339, the dots are my plots of identified places, for which I have both geographical coordinates and the coordinates on the map.

and here is a high resolution scan of the parchment that contains the map.

http://springelkamp.nl/usr/img/Geschiedenis/Kaarten/AngelinoDulcert1339.jpg

I have studied the mapping methods and the accuracy of the map. The results are presented here:

http://springelkamp.nl/?Categorie=Portolaan

The most interesting part is in Dutch, but I can translate it here if anybody is interested.

Lowenstaat

I discovered the Military Map App (at https://www.map.army/example/en.html) today.

From the developer, gs-soft AG of Switzerland:

"The modern and platform-independent web application to visualize and plan military exercises and missions. Draw, save, export and exchange military map overlays or common operational pictures (COP) in map.army. To test the latest version navigate to www.map.army."

"Initiative compensates for a lack of skill."

steve58

Gusington

^That's some neighborhood.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Uberhaus

There goes the neighbourhood!

GDS_Starfury

Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.