So, what if the Order of Battle devs made a STARSHIP TROOPERS game?

Started by JasonPratt, January 07, 2021, 01:03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Just spitballing here...

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1202130/Starship_Troopers__Terran_Command/

Coming from Matrix-litherine! Man they're really leveling up their production quality in the past few years! Selling on Steam (and other platforms) appears to have worked gangbusters for them.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

airboy

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

W8taminute

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

airboy

With Giant Alien Spiders - Martok has already preordered!   >:D

steve58

Quote from: W8taminute on January 07, 2021, 04:26:51 PM
Quote from: steve58 on January 07, 2021, 01:07:55 PM
Quote from: airboy on January 07, 2021, 01:05:42 PM
It is real time, so a no-go for me.

ditto

Aw come on guys.  Do you want to live forever?

While not all RTS games are the same, most of them are click-fests.  I may not want to live forever, but I want to outlast me fingers.   :buck2:
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

airboy

Pete Dero

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Philistine

I would have loved a turn-based remake of the old Avalon Hill boardgame, based on the novel.  I think I still have the copy around somewhere.

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/670/starship-troopers

--Philistine

IICptMillerII

I'm intrigued. It honestly looks like a pretty simple RTS, but maybe that will be perfect for a Starship Troopers game that is based on the movie. Could just be a lot of fun to sit back and blast away hordes of bugs, or get overrun by them. Not sure if I'll pick this up on release, but I'll likely try it at some point. Sometimes more casual games with a specific theme/flavor can be a nice change of pace and a lot of fun.

Destraex

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Pete Dero

https://www.slitherine.com/news/try-the-demo-of-starship-troopers-terran-command-on-october-1st?utm_source=Slitherine+Main&utm_campaign=e71d7b7057-slit_oct_%231_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_cabd186cfc-e71d7b7057-88230349

Try the demo of Starship Troopers - Terran Command on October 1st

The demo will contain two scenarios, including "Peace of Mine." This is an early scenario that already features most of the game's key mechanics: players will deploy the Mobile Infantry to defend a central outpost, which will serve as the staging point to reactivate mining facilities and clear out all bugs nests in the surrounding area.

The Starship Troopers - Terran Command demo will be freely available on Steam from Friday, October 1st at 5 PM GMT to Thursday, October 7th at 5 PM GMT.