What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw?

Started by CosPetia, May 27, 2014, 05:12:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CosPetia

I saw X-Men. I liked it more than X-Men 3, both Wolverine films, and even First Class, although X-Men 1 and 2 were better.

MetalDog

Good morning and welcome, CosPetia!  I saw the new X-men movie this weekend, too.  I really liked it.  I'm an Avengers fan though.  So, wait until Age of Ultron comes out and we'll see which one is better.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Silent Disapproval Robot

On my flight from Hong Kong, I watched Out of the Furnace starring Woody Harrelson, Willem Dafoe, and Christian Bale.  It's a thoroughly dark, plodding, depressing movie where life sucks and almost everyone is a complete bastard.  It was well shot and well acted, I just wasn't in the mood for such a downer.

Sir Slash

Welcome Cospetia to Grogs. How about Pork Chop Hill from 1959 with Gregory Peck Saturday night on Blockbuster channel? The movie was in 2 colors, black and white. Before that, Godzilla.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

eyebiter

skeptical.platypus

After reading all of the hoopla here, I finally binged on the first season of Sons of Anarchy.

I get it now. I feel very SAMCRO peddling my bike along the banks of the Green River, I assure you.

Starting Justified after Leonard has passed isn't the smartest thing I'll ever do, either. But so is putting off watching it this long.
The Law of Unintended Consequences, Seattle Pride Variant: The only city on the planet that can guarantee your purchase of recreational marijuana is from a stoner making $15/hr.

Staggerwing

I watch everything time shifted through Hulu, OnDemand, and the like.

Just watch the Warehouse 13 series finale last night. It was good 'n sappy, just as it should have been. I'll miss that show :(

The last few nights before that I watched the first few episodes of Salem. The dialogue could use a little tightening up (anachronisms again ::)) but it is an interesting and occasionally bizarre effort.

Has anyone watched the new American Revolutionary War series 'Turn'?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

I tried to watch Crossbones last night and fell asleep 15 minutes in.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

Were you able to figure out what Malkovich's accent was supposed to be?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

MetalDog

Quote from: skeptical.platypus on May 31, 2014, 10:30:27 AM
After reading all of the hoopla here, I finally binged on the first season of Sons of Anarchy.

I get it now. I feel very SAMCRO peddling my bike along the banks of the Green River, I assure you.

Starting Justified after Leonard has passed isn't the smartest thing I'll ever do, either. But so is putting off watching it this long.

Sons is one of the all time great television shows.  Having said that, if you are going to binge watch, just try to power through Season 3.  IIRC, that's the one where they go to Ireland in pursuit of a goal very near to Jax's heart.  Other than that, it's been a VERY satisfying experience.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Staggerwing on May 31, 2014, 10:49:00 AM
Just watch the Warehouse 13 series finale last night. It was good 'n sappy, just as it should have been. I'll miss that show :(

I thought I was the only one here who liked that one.

Quote from: Staggerwing on May 31, 2014, 10:49:00 AMHas anyone watched the new American Revolutionary War series 'Turn'?

I had it on the DVR, but realized there was no chance of getting around to it.  I might still watch it, but I'll do it all on demand or Netflix or something

Quote from: Gusington on May 31, 2014, 10:56:40 AMI tried to watch Crossbones last night and fell asleep 15 minutes in.

Don't tell me that - I really want to like it.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

WallysWorld

Has anyone watched the new American Revolutionary War series 'Turn'?

I watched the first three episodes and then gave up on it. Too slow moving and the characters really didn't hit it for me. According to the ratings the show is getting, it may not survive for a second season.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Silent Disapproval Robot

I liked Turn but I've fallen behind on it.  I think I've got 4 episodes queued up.

Last show I watched was episode 6 of Fargo.  It's starting to get a little goofy.

Gusington

I like Turn a lot...good period flava, hot buxom women and skullduggery. I missed last week but have seen every other episode.

Was not able to figure out Malkovich's accent in Crossbones beyond "not like mine."

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

Quote from: bayonetbrant on May 31, 2014, 01:26:15 PM

I thought I was the only one here who liked that one.

Hell no you're not...that show is brilliant!

I've been having episodes of Psych playing in the background whilst working. Also gone through all the episodes of Archer and Venture Bros., which makes housework/cleaning go much easier.