Drink up and go FRIDAY

Started by Moreb, February 14, 2019, 11:07:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bob48

Best not to go there...............

'Clip those corners'

bruce205

Trying to learn X Plane 11 and the Boeing 737. I have a checklist printed for a cold and dark startup. Love watching virtual X11 pilots on You Tube especially Jeff Favignano !! Any other X11 peeps out there?

bob48

'Clip those corners'

Huw the Poo

Warframe because it's the best game ever - looking forward to the melee 3.0 rework!
World of Warships I just can't stop playing it
Plants vs Zombies still one of the best tower defense games ever
Project Hospital if I get around to it - but seeing as I now have five days off in a row I probably will :P

Gusington

I think I have changed my mind and am going to start playing Titanfall 2.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Welp...broke down and got Anthem. Initial reviews of the full release have been much more positive then the demo and the public beta. I'll look forward to reporting my findings to the crew.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JasonPratt

Quote from: Gusington on February 15, 2019, 06:12:10 PM
I think I have changed my mind and am going to start playing Titanfall 2.

From my experience, it won't take you long. It's a nice cinematic shooter game, like Shogo Mobile Armored Division (except lottts more modern of course).

That being said, don't be surprised if you don't really feel like you're running around in a giant robot (much as with Shogo). Not least because more than half the time you won't be running around in a giant robot (much as with Shogo). Heck, there's only one real "Prepare for Titanfall" moment, although appropriately that's the final battle.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Meanwhile, Gus, how are Saboteur and Brothers In Arms going?  :dreamer:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 15, 2019, 06:45:31 PM
I'll look forward to reporting my findings to the crew.

I'll look forward to reading them.  Anthem could be great, in time.  I hope it's sooner rather than later.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 15, 2019, 06:45:31 PM
Welp...broke down and got Anthem. Initial reviews of the full release have been much more positive then the demo and the public beta. I'll look forward to reporting my findings to the crew.

I have had EA Premiere since back in last August....totally think it's worth if it you plan to play a couple EA games a year.  Currently downloading Anthem myself, but my connection is so slow likely won't be done until late tonight/tomorrow:)

Staggerwing

Quote from: W8taminute on February 15, 2019, 01:42:14 PM
This weekend I think I gonna rock on down electric avenue.

I worked hard like a soldier this week and I can't afford anything on tv.

Whoah! Flashback! That song video first popped up on Nightflight (USA network?) right about the time Adrian Belew's Big electric Cat video also premiered. Around 1982 maybe?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

GroggyGrognard

I just picked up Metro Exodus for the PS4 today, so I'm eager to play it this weekend.

However, playing the new Metro game might be problematic due to my girlfriend currently playing Claire Redfield's story in Resident Evil Remake. I might have to conduct an organized retreat to one of my PC wargames--although it is highly entertaining watching someone play RE2 Remake.

Groggy
"Strong prejudices in an ill-formed mind are hazardous to government."
-Barbara W. Tuchman, The March of Folly: From Troy to Vietnam

"The owners of this country know the truth: it's called the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."
-George Carlin

Gusington

Saboteur and Brothers in Arms I've put aside until I get back in to a WWII mood again.

Is Shogo a solid game? I've heard that Titanfall 2 is a short game...gonna start a Battlefleet Gothic campaign too.

I just didn't want to jump in to WH40k whole hog...yet. Wanna savor Mechanicus and Sanctus Reach.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd